Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who love to buy and use chipboard on your projects, I have a question:

Do you prefer to buy plain chipboard that you can then alter yourself for your projects?

or

Do you like to purchase already-altered chipboard (but not cut in shapes or letters) that you can then use to create the shapes and letters you want?

And if you said yes to the second option, what sorts of things do you like to see? Painted chipboard? Covered? Or?

Pam
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who love to buy and use chipboard on your projects, I have a question:

Do you prefer to buy plain chipboard that you can then alter yourself for your projects?

or

Do you like to purchase already-altered chipboard (but not cut in shapes or letters) that you can then use to create the shapes and letters you want?

And if you said yes to the second option, what sorts of things do you like to see? Painted chipboard? Covered? Or?

Pam
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the dimension of chipboard, but find it too costly to buy already altered, so I buy naked, but then run into problems being able to do what I want to with it sometimes. I have not found a sheet of it covered or uncovered. I wish I could. A blank sheet of good chipboard would be fantastic.
    Marsha aka fotonana
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh i love chipboards, naked, altered, doesn't matter!! I'm a chipboard junkie!! (yes, Chipboard is my crack!! LOL)

When altered, i usually buy on sale.. I never buy retail for chipboards..

I do have plain sheets of chipboards so i do make my own chipboards and alter as i see fit..

I have naked punched out chipboards as well..these are good too, especially if i don't have the die cut to cut out a spefic word or letter.. my friend/I went halfers on chipboards from QVC.. love'm!

Lately, i've been glittering alot of my chipboards heehee i love the sparkly!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to use some more chip board... but I got some shipped to me wrong once they told me to keep it. It is basic colors... Last week I did a lo and just glued what paper I wanted on top and it turned out real cute.

My tip is get what ever you find on sale and alter it ... with papr, paints, ink! A good time to try something new ... You will be so glad you did.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought basic chipboard and covered it. The big thing I bought is all chipboard and not glossed on top like the letters I got from JA's.

I think I'd rather buy it and decorate it myself so I know that it will match well.

ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At ACM you can buy it both ways in shapes and letters ~ plain or "decorated".
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy decorated. But I probably should start buying naked and learn to do my own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to buy what I will use over and again. Use the templates to trace and cut from cereal boxes and such, decorate as you wish.
    Mickie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only ever purchased one chipboard set ever. It was pre-cut shapes and alphabets and it was/is all blanks. I usually use the chipboard that comes in other packaging I receive - and I've gotten plenty of sheets of the stuff over the years in a variety of thicknesses.
    I like it blank and unfinished so I can finish it myself. The combination of my Sizzix and my Xyron makes it very easy to cover the chipboard first with some great paper then cut out your shapes, letters, etc. And I like heat embossing it too. The two techniques above are fast and easy and you don't have to mess with glues, paint, or ink.
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"