Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering if anyone had ordered this item on HSN called the Karen Foster Scraparatus Eyelet&Die Cutting Kit? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the scraparatus as a gift plus an extra set of the "dyes". I ended up returning it.

The different shapes of dyes and alphabet dyes would not cut all the way through and you would end up having to try "redo" over and over and over to try to get the shapes to cut through completey (hope this makes sense). Plus, it is VERY LOUD.

I contacted the Karen Foster Company and they told me that "too much paint had been sprayed on the dye/stamps" and that is why they were not cutting through. They were very nice about offering to send me a new set of the dyes but I chose just to get a return/refund of everything. I probably would have sent it back even without the problems of it not cutting but just due to the noise it makes in addition to having to take the "dye/stamp" off of that ring every time you want to use one, but you definitely want to use the ring for storage because they are tiny.

I had original wanted it for the convenience of using the dye cuts anywhere on the page, but with the dye cuts not cutting through and having to look at your attempted cut, put the dye back into place, attempt to cut again, etc., I just decided the product was not for me.(This also happened on the show today at 1 p.m. hour during the demonstration and they cut to showing the cards and never went back to the demonstration of it cutting with the dye shapes after she tried a second time). It got to the point when I would try using the dyes, it was actually leaving an impression in the white plastic thing but yet couldn't cut paper completely and always left one side uncut.

On HSN today, it did seem to work well though on putting eyelets in well, but I think I will stick to my cropadile for that.

So my opinion, good idea but not for me.
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insight; it sounds like you tried to make it work for you, but it just wouldn't cooperate.
    Laura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw it at CKC and used it in a make and take. It's loud. The dies are so tiny. I doubt I would use them. It wasn't too hard to cut through paper, but I doubt it would work for cardstock. I decided against it as I have the CuttleBug and Cricut and I could not justify it.
    Judith