Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been collecting (buying) and swapping and acquiring SB stuff for quite a while now. Ok now I have a space to do it in. I have moved in all my old magnetic albums - 30+ years (of married life) worth - and I am taking them out of there and I am SO inspired to scrap them - now I thinking about the journaling part - how would YOU go about recreating memories of 51 years? I have SO many types and topics, ........
    Seems like a good discussion.......
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would start with the oldest pics first and then work forward. Good Luck dear, that is just what I am doing. Altho I have to stop and do new ones occassionaly.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the journaling i would just write the first thing that comes to mind when you see the picture. Make sure you list names that your remember, and hopefully the dates as well. but then just write whatever comes to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if I was inspired to get alot done, I would do the basics and make sure the main info was there. Maybe jot down some other memories on a note to trigger later thoughts. But get the LO's done and in an album, then later go back to add more sentimental reminisces and extra flourishes as you peruse the album later?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do it chronologically, beginning with the oldest pics first. I am doing a 40 year old DD and a 32 year old DS and I found that once I get the early pics dated, then others begin to fall in place. First I have done the LOs and made notes and put them on post-its and stuck them to the page. I am now using the computer to do the journaling or most of it. I am also doing some of it by hand as I think they will like that once I'm gone.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ALMOST in the same boat...more like 30 years though. I WAS going to go chronologically, and DID actually get pictures sorted. But then I realized I would always feel behind. So I started with the past year, I think it was 1998. When those were done, I went back another year, 1997. By the time I was through with those 1999 was over, so I started on those...THEN went back to 1996, etc. The advantage there (for me) is that I am journaling recent material while it is still relatively fressh. The things from 30 years ago...another year probably won't make much difference in what I remember...but if I wait until all 30 years are done before I do LAST year, chances are I will forget a lot that I remember right now...feelings, etc.
    Of course, I've gone to a digital camera since I started scrapping, so now, as soon as I download the photos to my computer, I journal in the info section at least some minimum details.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I amin the same boat also. I just look through the pics and do the one inspires me at the time. Unfortunately I'm not much of a journaler, but I am working on it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Job Janelle! Now you get to do the fun part. I've done 34 years of photos/journal (some are going to be redone, since now I have the cool tools) I won't tell you how long it took me, but I was a scrapper in training. I started with the first years and moved forward. I did small journal blocks on the LO's and seperate journal pages (to match the LO's) when I had a lot I wanted recorded. I was fortunate to have given back to me all the monthly letters I had written my MIL (& I had kept hers too) those really helped trigger the memories and are all in my albums. And now when I forget the recent year's information I can ask the people involved - their stories are often different than mine and it's been fun to include their memories along with mine.

Good luck and Good Job on getting organized and ready to SCRAP! sam

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Janelle. I have been wanting to go back my 9 years of marriage, but I cant seem to want to do old stuff, I am a collector. I am happy that you have a space and motivation.

Sam- what a great idea never thought to get other people point of views. I dont journal but really should.

Have fun and cant wait to see some LO's

Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Luck Janelle!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon