Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently cleaning out my scrap room and am trying to go thru all the maze of scrap magazines. I have them all organized in a plastic magazine holders by title, month, and year. But....I am running out of shelves to hold them. I love all of them, but don't really look at most of them, but don't want to get rid of them either as I have so many pages marked with a sticky for a reference point. What does everyone do with their older magazines?
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently cleaning out my scrap room and am trying to go thru all the maze of scrap magazines. I have them all organized in a plastic magazine holders by title, month, and year. But....I am running out of shelves to hold them. I love all of them, but don't really look at most of them, but don't want to get rid of them either as I have so many pages marked with a sticky for a reference point. What does everyone do with their older magazines?
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont do this I only have a few mags. But how about cutting out the pages you marked and getting rid of the rest of it or in sted of trashing it sell it at a yard sale for like .50cents because some of the pages will be cut out. that way you are keeping what you want and makeing room for other scrap stuff and getting a few pennys for other scrap items.

hope that helped.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Janice i would take out the marked pages and get rid of the rest, that way you can still go back and reference them when you want (I would organize them by Technique or some other common thread in each). I really don't keep that many mags either, I try to go through them every so months to keep the clutter down.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a suggestion..take those pages that you really want to your local copy place and have them spiral bound. I have done that with my card mags and it's wonderful and they are very condensed that way. It's only $2.00 or so, so it's well worth it and it's easier to use.
    Atty

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atty:
    Here's a suggestion..take those pages that you really want to your local copy place and have them spiral bound. I have done that with my card mags and it's wonderful and they are very condensed that way. It's only $2.00 or so, so it's well worth it and it's easier to use.
    Atty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that's a great idea!! i must remember this!! thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohh atty that's a great idea. Most of the time I get mags I usually just look for 2 or 3 things I want.

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really subscribe...just borrow from the library. I sticky the pages I like as I go through, then before I return it scan the page and store in an 'idea' folder on my computer. Might work for you, too, before you get rid of those magazines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread!! I've been contemplating what to do with mine... my cabinet is almost full!!
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like to throw out my magazines either. I was planning on getting a three ring binder and a pack or two of the 3-hole punched clear sleeves (like page protectors sort of) and then just slide the pages that I want into those. Then divide up the notebook with dividers for categories such as embellishment ideas, layout ideas, techniques, etc.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]