Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB Blunders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I would start a thread about SB blunders. You know the things you tried that didn't "quite" work out the way you thought.

Here is mine:
    MY DS came to visit and brot her Cricut. So while she was here I cut out some letters for titles for some layouts I wanted to do - so I matched up papers, etc.
    I had this paper - that has a big hiking boot print on it, and it is kinda of a funky brown color. Well I went thru everything and could not come up with a color I liked - except of course this little scrap of brown that matched perfectly - but I did not even have one solid sheet! So -- I decided to use a beige and chalk it or something, & I cut the letters out.

Well I finished the other pages that I had cut things for , and got to this hiking page spread.
    I decided instead of chalking, I would use distress ink like a class I took at Expo. (It didn't use distress, but....) Now mind you, I managed to keep the letters intact with the background - so I had a solid piece to ink. I allowed a couple days to dry, and then I came back to it after working on other things. Well I do not know what the ink did to that cardstock, but now it is like a limp dishrag! I BARELY was able to get the lettes I needed and had to do alot of repairing!
    Now the letters are only 1/8" wide so I don't know if that had something to do with it - but makes me seriously reconsider some things!
    How about you? lol
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I would start a thread about SB blunders. You know the things you tried that didn't "quite" work out the way you thought.

Here is mine:
    MY DS came to visit and brot her Cricut. So while she was here I cut out some letters for titles for some layouts I wanted to do - so I matched up papers, etc.
    I had this paper - that has a big hiking boot print on it, and it is kinda of a funky brown color. Well I went thru everything and could not come up with a color I liked - except of course this little scrap of brown that matched perfectly - but I did not even have one solid sheet! So -- I decided to use a beige and chalk it or something, & I cut the letters out.

Well I finished the other pages that I had cut things for , and got to this hiking page spread.
    I decided instead of chalking, I would use distress ink like a class I took at Expo. (It didn't use distress, but....) Now mind you, I managed to keep the letters intact with the background - so I had a solid piece to ink. I allowed a couple days to dry, and then I came back to it after working on other things. Well I do not know what the ink did to that cardstock, but now it is like a limp dishrag! I BARELY was able to get the lettes I needed and had to do alot of repairing!
    Now the letters are only 1/8" wide so I don't know if that had something to do with it - but makes me seriously reconsider some things!
    How about you? lol
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does all those stacks of sb swaps that I've been in for things I never do count as a blunder? Seriously, I've got several stacks of cute things that people have swapped with me, like for camping. We haven't been camping in 25 yrs. Not much to scrap for there but I've got 6 adorable sets of swapped out camping embellies. Maybe I'll give them to somebody sometime. Ooh, and how about 6x6 pages kits? I almost never do 6x6 albums. I have used some of them on 12x12 los though.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy,
    I'm so glad you posted about the swaps. I, too, have a drawer full of swap items I've not used. Some I probably never will. They are all cute and represent a lot of hard work, but either they aren't my style or I just don't need them. And yet, I feel guilty not using them because a lot of effort and talent went into them. Maybe we need a swap-swap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by judyjay:
    Does all those stacks of sb swaps that I've been in for things I never do count as a blunder? Seriously, I've got several stacks of cute things that people have swapped with me, like for camping. We haven't been camping in 25 yrs. Not much to scrap for there but I've got 6 adorable sets of swapped out camping embellies. Maybe I'll give them to somebody sometime. Ooh, and how about 6x6 pages kits? I almost never do 6x6 albums. I have used some of them on 12x12 los though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put 2 6x6 on a 12x12 LO and call it good!
    bonnie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you donate your swap things then you won't feel bad about it :-)

my biggest blunder came with the 2nd page I ever did - I got started scrapbooking with CM and at the party I attended I did a page of her first birthday party. So I was poor and didn't buy much, but went home and did the 2nd page on the back of the first page - UPSIDE DOWN!!! That was before I knew about undo etc. So you know what, I just left it! I journaled about it and figure somebody will get a good laugh out of it one day... Diane

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops "her" being my 1st DGD

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nanabells:
    if you donate your swap things then you won't feel bad about it :-)

my biggest blunder came with the 2nd page I ever did - I got started scrapbooking with CM and at the party I attended I did a page of her first birthday party. So I was poor and didn't buy much, but went home and did the 2nd page on the back of the first page - UPSIDE DOWN!!! That was before I knew about undo etc. So you know what, I just left it! I journaled about it and figure somebody will get a good laugh out of it one day... Diane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Haha! I"ve done that before!! except i disassembled it -

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's enough space here to write my blunders. They seem to be a daily occurance. I guess the biggest blunder is stuff that I bought that I don't use.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my biggest blunder is that I started and didn't really know much about scrapping. I used cheapie Office Depot glue sticks and stickers. Didn't mat anything. And let me tell you, the stuff that I put down with those glue sticks WILL NOT COME OFF! And believe me I tried, lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon