Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have re-organized my space for now and have LOTS of photos waiting to be picked for an album.
    I'd like to be able to see them easily but yet want to keep them protected.
    I bought a big CM box which holds 1000 photos but it's too big to keep on top of the desk and also I can't see into it.
    Just wondering if any of you do something different?
    TIA
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep mine in photo albums that have the 4x6 sleeves that hold the pictures. I don't scrap every single picture so those hold the ones that I don't scrap, but still want to keep. They also hold the ones I want to scrap until I get around to doing it and make it easy to see my pictures. You can get those albums pretty reasonably priced.

My family pictures that are old, I have been sorting into photo boxes under categories, i.e., great grandparents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, parents, my baby and childhood pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have most of mine by month, they are on my computer that way too and then sent to Costco to print out and then I sort by subject (thanksgiving, putting up tree, sledding) and then in a plasict photo box. Then that is in a bigger box I got it from qvc. I am way out of room so now they are stored in the photo envelopes and I write on them month/year and anything else important when glancing.

It is easier for me since I am a chronological scrapper. May not be the best way to organize them but it works for me!! I don't scrap every picture I go thru them when I get to whatever month and sort them out and lay them all out sometimes on the floor so I can see. Then the ones I don;t scrap just get put in a regular photo album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the ones I don't scrap go to others in the photos, as I'm trying to downsize my stash of photos. I sort by subject and year and put into photo boxes by broader subject. I also scrap chronoligically.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first decided to start scrapping all of my pics, I went through my albums back to when I first got married in 1966. I put them all in chronological order in a photo storage box, except the large ones. I put cards a bit larger than the pics in to organize them by year & month. That worked well for me until I got sick & tired of doing the past!

Unfortunately now, I just have mine standing up in a photo box. I do reasonably well at keeping up.(Still waiting to do the 1990's) I'm rarely more than 6 mos behind, if that much, so it's no problem for me to go through them. The ones that I don't scrap, I write who & when on the back of some & keep them in a photo box, chronologically. I figure I'm telling the story in my albums so if anyone needs to remember what's really going on they can look there.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm straying away from chronological scrapping this past year or so which is part of why I'm so disorganized. I think I'll grab some photo boxes and put the years on them... so when I go back to do them, I'll remember at least what year it is.
    Thanks for your input!!
    Maria
    TALLIES 2017
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:

Maria

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found some cute small crates at Staples and will use that for photos that I want to scrap NOW/ASAP. They are turquoise and fit a stack of photos nicely.
    TALLIES 2017
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:

Maria

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only print one set at a time. That way I don't have to worry about trying to sort them, and not lose them lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well prior to this afternoons water leak I kept the smaller ones in those photo storage boxes and the portrait sizes in those 12x12 plastic envies with string ties. Now I say don't do this! I now have my photos spread all over the basement drying from a water leak that came through the above floor. Go invest in one of those plastic cropper hopper photo boxes. And if you use photo boxes maybe put them inside a larger plastic tub.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store my photo's on my computer then I print what I need at Walgreens. If I'm not needing very many I print them off myself. That way I don't misplace them. I also keep them on a cd that way they are always backed up.