Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay would your LOVE your input on something. (Please pardon that this is sort of a long question)

I have a Cricut and just the George cartridge that came with it. I have picked out some cartridges that I was going to purchase, but I guess after reading some of the message boards, I thought I would ask for all of your opinions.

If I understand it correctly, there are other machines out there that hook up directly to the computer and you can download or cut any shape or font as well as have words "welded" together -- is this correct? If so, what machines are they and do you have it and used it this way? Are they are to learn how to use?

My dilemma is, do I start purchasing new cartridges at a minimum of $60 to $90 a cartridge or do I put that money towards a machine that has unlimited possibilities from the computer and internet?

Does anyone feel this way? I absolutely love my Cricut, but when I start adding up the different cartridges I want to purchase in the next few weeks as well as the ones on my "wish list" and the "limitations" say with seasons, holidays, summer activities, etc., on each cartridge (I know they have tons of combinations and possibilities) I just wonder would it be better just to put the money towards one of these other machines as you will always have to buy the "new" cartridges. They do have great cartridges and are coming out with wonderful new ones, but ....... when it is said and done, would it be better to just put the money out for one that already does it.

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate all of your input regarding this.

(again sorry this is so long)

Dawn
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my two cents:

Originally posted by luv2craft:
    If I understand it correctly, there are other machines out there that hook up directly to the computer and you can download or cut any shape or font as well as have words "welded" together -- is this correct?
    yes, that is correct.
    If so, what machines are they and do you have it and used it this way?
    They are The Wishblade and The Craftrobo (the CR is a smaller version of the WB, from what i understand) I believe there's another machine, but i don't know what it's called off hand, sorry
    Are they are to learn how to use?
    Are they Hard to learn? Just like any other thing, it takes time to master certain techniques. Although, just like with anything there is help and support to help you learn the trades of the your new machine, if you decide to get it. For the CR/WB you can get online help in the Yahoo Groups. You can also share files (fonts, images, etcs.) with other people. Also from my understanding welding words takes practice and patience, and most likely well WORTH IT!!:+)
    My dilemma is, do I start purchasing new cartridges at a minimum of $60 to $90 a cartridge or do I put that money towards a machine that has unlimited possibilities from the computer and internet?
    That is ENTIRELY up to you. Sorry. some would encourage you to get the WB, but it's what you can afford and what your budget allows you to purchase. I personally, had orginally wanted to get the WB when they were on sale on QVC with their flex pay, but at the time the WB wasn't compatible w/the new Windows Vista and there wasn't a point for me to get one. However, my DH bought a cricut for me for our anniversary and i love it. I love that it's small and i don't have to go back-n-forth to my computer to print something, my cricut is small and portable:-)
    Does anyone feel this way? I absolutely love my Cricut, but when I start adding up the different cartridges I want to purchase in the next few weeks as well as the ones on my "wish list" and the "limitations" say with seasons, holidays, summer activities, etc., on each cartridge (I know they have tons of combinations and possibilities) I just wonder would it be better just to put the money towards one of these other machines as you will always have to buy the "new" cartridges. They do have great cartridges and are coming out with wonderful new ones, but ....... when it is said and done, would it be better to just put the money out for one that already does it.
    Again, that is totally up to you. I know there are plenty of sales with the cartridges. Creativexpress just ended their sale for 4 carts/$100.00 that's an awesome price!!

I'm sorry, i'm not much help.. but poeple that have the Cricut will tell you they love their lil bug. For me, i don't have to dish out $500.00 at once for one machine. I certainly don't mind buying one cart at a time.. I haven't paid over $35.00 for a cart yet.. OTH, i did want a WB, but i'm quite happy and content w/my the Cricut.

Good LUck! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been told that the Cricut will eventually be able to be computer compatability. How long, I have no idea.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy has given you good advise on this. I agree with all that she says. I have the WB & I love it but it has to be what works out for each person & their own budget.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other machine is called a Sihouette. Originally I really wanted a WishBlade. The ability to cut any image/font is such a neat thing! But cost is something to take into account. It has a high up front cost, but that should be it, right girls? But the more I thought about it, I also am not fond of the fact that I must use a computer to use one of those machines. I do not consider myself computer savy, so that was a drawback for me. I also go to crops alot and I'm not sure how portable the machine itself is, not to mention the fact that I would have to have a laptop which I don't. I love my Cricut! It is super easy for me to use. I understand the cartridges get pricey, but you can wait for them to be on sale. And it's a smaller amount of money over time instead of one large up front sum. My ACM just had a couple of Mini Monogram cartridges on clearance for $22.50. Sometimes you just have to be patient...
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say if I offended anyone by asking this, I'm sorry. They do have wonderful cartridges out there and numerous cartridges for the Cricut.

I just wondered what you would do if money was no object - what would you buy.
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh.. pahhhleeze.. You didn't offend anyone. It's all a matter of preference.

I want to correct my previous post about the WB being on flexpay on QVC, it wasn't QVC, it was HSN

Here's a link to HSN - there's also some feedback on what other ladies think about it.

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=330938..._id=3309386&ocm=sekw

If money were no object, I'D HAVE BOTH and a room big enough for me to hold all my toys!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the WB and got it last spring at 399. plus free shipping! I also looked into the other things the circut wasn't out then but I agree with you it cost more up front but I haven't had to spend any more money.

Lots of files on yahoo sites and all the fonts on your computer. I use it for every lo. Cuts all fonts on word and any you want to download. You can weld and draw your own pictures it talkes a learning curve and time but I don't have much time. Just for the alphas it was worth it for me.!!

I agree with everything Taffy said just weigh the cons and pros. Some ladies bought the circut and next thing I knew they had 8 cart.. they could have had a wb with unlimited files just my thinking...LOL.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Cricut on sale. I wanted a WB very much. But when the Cricut came down so low, I figured I can buy carts at my own pace.

Also, my scrap room is upstairs and my computer is down....so the up and down for me (with MS) wouldn't be good.

My best friend got the WB and I played with it for a week. It is great. But for me the ease of my little bug makes me feel like I did the right thing. And now my friend makes me special stuff I want.

I do have a pretty good collection of carts (14)...the most I paid was $55 and the least was $32....for now I am happy with what I have.

It really is an individual thing.

Michele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, knowing that the Cricut is going to be computer compatible I am thrilled with it. I am willing to wait for the upgrade because the Cricuts have a computer port already in the back of their machines. That means that when it does improve, you will not have to buy a new mcahine! I was told this by the customer service rep about this so it is a fact.

And the Cricut does not have to rely on the computer, as it is. If your computer goes down then you cannot use your computeerreliant machines. AND you can take your Cricut with you t swaps because it is lightweight and has a hanlde.

I would however, buy a Cuttle bug for embossing and sell my hand tools and fiskars stuff. A broad rangedAnd the Cuttlebug will take other brands of stencils and embossing plates.

Judy embossing system would be the perfect compliment to the Cricuts.
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com