Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pscaulkins...I do love SCAL. It is so easy to use. Very user friendly

Cass17...I decided to just jump in and try Inkscape. I did not watch any tutorials, just tryed things to see what they do. I did however needed to know how to get a jpeg to be an svg, so i learned tht on a message board...very easy...

Cheryl, I would love to come over!! It would be fun and you dont even have to feed me!!

Have a great day!
    Dorothy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pscaulkins View Post
    The easiest is fonts. I have to say SCAL is much easier doing shadows then DS. Basically I type what I want and copy and paste a second one and then hit shadow. SCAL makes a perfect shadow even if the word is welded unlike DS. I have never gotten a good shadow with a welded word in DS.

The hardest is inkscape but I really haven't gotten to sit and play with it but there are some good printable instructions plus video's on how to import jpg's into inkscape and changing it to a svg.

The best thing about SCAL is it opens up a larger window on what you can cut.
    I concur!!

I haven't dabbled w/inkscape yet, but i'm so stoked there is a MB out there..

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dorothy, I love those!! You're gonna have to tell me how you did those!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Robo Craft is the british version of Wishblade... so anything they do we can do! ( I almost got carried away and said better ... but not me I haven't spent enough time with everything.! I keep telling my dh I need to retire! lol) I love all the files designed!

You tube has some classes on inkscape and they have been a great help to me. Check them out.

Clarinda

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here is what I did...
    I found a jpeg that was not shadowed and saved it. The I imported into inkscape then traced as bitmap. Then I saved it as a svg file. I then broke it apart and grouped the parts by color.
    I saved that then imported it into SCAL. I had to rotate the Marvin image 90 degrees in order for it to be a decent size. Then I cut it and pieced it together.
    I think thats all the steps.
    -d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have downloaded inkscape but have not started to play with it yet. Maybe, this weekend.
    Anita Musick

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh nooo. I'm totally confused. I have no idea what all that stuff is and not so sure I ever will.....
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look you guys....If I can do this anyone can!! No lie!!
    -d