Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of pics that I have taken in the past 40 years. Some of them have no people in the pics, also I have some pics from my school years and I don't remember who they are. I may be able to find out, but I'm not sure. What do you do with those pics? Do you throw them out. I have this problem with thinking pics are sacred or something. I know if I leave them til I pass on the kids probably will toss them. What do you do with them??
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of pics that I have taken in the past 40 years. Some of them have no people in the pics, also I have some pics from my school years and I don't remember who they are. I may be able to find out, but I'm not sure. What do you do with those pics? Do you throw them out. I have this problem with thinking pics are sacred or something. I know if I leave them til I pass on the kids probably will toss them. What do you do with them??
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith I am the same way. I cry when I have to get rid of my pictures. I have a whole cupboard full. I am no help.

Dalene

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never throw a picture out. My sister was into amatuer photog, and we've inhertied stacks of photos of people I don't know or places I've never been. The place ones I plan to give to the local elem school. Maybe the teachers can use them for social studies lessons. And the people ones, I will try to figure out if I can ID anyone to give them to. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll do, but I doubt I'll throw them away. Let the kids do it someday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having the same problem with some photos my Mom found when she was moving. She is "going" to go through them but she has already confessed that she isn't sure about a lot of them. I just can't bear to get rid of them. Some are just beautiful scenes and I hope to frame them to use in our house (My DH says there is NO more room! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, this is what I would do with some of them and are doing with similar ones that I have inherited.

The old sepia type and the ones from my school days( 1950's) on backward through my parents' lives, I am saving. If I don't know the people in the pics doesn't matter. I will use them on altered paper projects. They can also be used to accent a page that does have a photo of someone you know, helping to show the 'signs of the time'. They can be used as a collage for the background of a page. And if you have a family reunion or are ever visiting with old friends or relatives, you can always bring out the photos and see if they can help to identify a few of them.

The only time I throw out photos are if they are poor quality, of no true interest or value to anyone in our family, or if they are unusable duplicates. AND unwanted photos are perfect for practicing new techniques with before embarking on a 'keeper'.

With this scrapping policy in place for me, it keeps me from being overwhelmed with all the photos and surprisingly, I have been able to purge through a lot of them and throw unwanted ones out.

My view on scrapbooking is that the albums have to be of interest to the continuing family line. Will they really be interested in all of my landscape and flower photos? Will they really want an album of vacations that are full of nice
    scenery? So, I try to balance my flowers, landscapes, and vacation sites with familiar faces in the photos, too.

Hope this might help you a bit.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I've changed my photo taking ideas also. I take less scenery and more photos with people. In fact I probably will take some good choice shots and cut down on the amount of pics I take from now on. Since I have gotten into SB I realize I don't need a pic of every little detail. My problem is all the photos I already have.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could help or knew how not to take so many photos. WE have a little girl and with everything being digital we take every minute of a trip I think we had like 700+ from a 2 day disney trip and 300+ from a chuck e cheese outing. I always think what are we going to do with all of these and we just buy bigger hard drive thingys to hold them all. I have spent about 8 bucks at walmart to get their 6 dollar special just because I could not see buying one of each photo sheet.... she was crying in all of them. I can not get rid of anything much less photos. Unless I cut it wrong or I printed the wrong one I give it to my little gril to play with until she wrecks it.

I wish I could tone down the photo taking but I guess it because me and my husband dont really have photos of us little so we want Jaz to have a life time of photos.....

Sorry long winded and you really did get any thing out of it, sorry. Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice,
    I think you shouldn't worry about taking so many photos. That is a BIT advantage of digital over film. It costs basically nothing once you buy the camera. ANd yeah, hte hard drive. But they are pretty cheap now, and there are plenty of online storage sites. You can do Flickr for free, though it limits how many you can ADD each month...no limit on storage.
    Or imagestation...unlimited uploads and storage, and if you buy the lowest pay plan, you can also download full-size images whenever you want. I use it as my 'emergency' backup, in case my computer AND discs AND extra hard drive all crash at the same time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound strange, but I love old photos, it doesn't matter to me that I don't know who's in them. I look at them an imagine what kind of lives they had..who are they, what were they doing. I love to look at the clothes and the old cars in the background. I also have a really hard time parting with things. I couldn't throw the photos out especially if they were relatives.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]