Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Lori's products

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some of what I did. On the paper clip I used the purple spray and then heat set it with the heat gun. I did two layers. Worked ok, but I probably would just stick with ink and embossing powder or nail polish in the future. I used the brown colorwash spray on the top part of the card (it's not done yet) and on the two flowers. THe other flower is the "before" color.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't even thought about trying it on a slick surface like the paperclip, I would think it would scrape off if it was something you were going to handle. Maybe a spray sealer would help but it's definetly not going to be durable like nail polish which is really just enamel paint. Was your paperclip plastic or metal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SInce you said that don't you know I had to go check, lol. Upon normal handling it would have been fine. Actually using my fingernail on it, yes it did chip where it was thicker (on the curves) but where it is thin it is not coming off without a little bit of fight which I'm not putting my finger nails through, lol. The paper clip is metal. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but I just couldn't get a good one!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon