Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my very 1st transparency/acetate attempt! The only part that really got to me was the....fingerprints!!! For my next acetate card, I need to get some good fitting gloves to eleminate the fingerprints!

For the card front, I used the "Flowers" clear stamps by Rhonna Farrer and my black Brilliance ink pad. The scalloped circles were designed by me and cut with my CraftRobo as was the "Happy 49th Birthday Sharon!" (I also heat embossed the "happy birthday" with clear embossing powder). The little flower was punched twice and sculpted and I used Stickles Crystal in the center. The ribbon is "Poly Fleur" by Offray.

On the inside the white flower was cut with my CraftRobo from a file designed by Doris, @ UKScrappers. There are like five layers, sculpted using my embossing tool and then glued together. I used my Stickles Crystal in the center. The beautiful white linked flower frame was designed by MaryAnne, @ UKScrappers, using the Saru Flower Ding and was cut using my CraftRobo ("Roberta"). I used some vellum adhesive to ahere it and it barely shows thru on the other side. The silver text on the black scallop, right side, was actually written by my CraftRobo using a gel pen! The decorative closure flap on the back of the evelope was made using my Cuttlebug and the "Fancy Corners" embossing folder. After I ran it thru the "Bug", I rubbed Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink onto it and then used my heat gun.

I love my "Roberta" (CraftRobo) and my "Lady Bug" (Cuttlebug)!!!!

Thanks for looking!

Pam
    "The bad news is time flies....the good news is you're the pilot!"

My Blog

Member 2009 Pazzles™ Design Team

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pam,
    WOW,looks like we have a new expert on board. Love the diferent use of materials and design.
    Always looking for new ways to make cards.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great card! Looks awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Pam!!!! That is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I love this card!

I have the same frame from MaryAnne. Don't you just love her designs? I think I missed the flower from Doris though, lol!

Can you please tell me where you got the acetate and what thickness it is? Claire from the UK sent me a card (oh my gosh, is it gorgeous too!) and she ran the acetate on it through an embossing folder in her Cuttlebug and ever since then I have wanted to try acetate, but I don't know what to get.

I LOVE the envelope. The card and the envelope are so classy looking. I always do my envelopes to match my cards. I think it makes them more special.

This is a really amazing card. Thanks for sharing it . Can't wait to see more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by thecountryrose:
    Wow Pam!!!! That is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I love this card!

I have the same frame from MaryAnne. Don't you just love her designs? I think I missed the flower from Doris though, lol!

Can you please tell me where you got the acetate and what thickness it is? Claire from the UK sent me a card (oh my gosh, is it gorgeous too!) and she ran the acetate on it through an embossing folder in her Cuttlebug and ever since then I have wanted to try acetate, but I don't know what to get.

I LOVE the emvelope. The card and the envelope are so classy looking. I always do my envelopes to match my cards. I think it makes them more special.

This is a really amazing card. Thanks for sharing it . Can't wait to see more.
    Thanks, Barb! I actually used some Avery Ink Jet Transparency sheets that I bought at Walmart several years ago. I think the true acetate is possibly a litte bit thicker than the transparency sheets, but in my opinion it worked fine. The package has like 20 sheets and I need to start using them. One of these days I will try to find some REAL acetate, but for right now this is fine! If you want "Doris the crafter's" flower template for your CR let me know and I will find a link for you!

Pam

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very very beautiful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kidding! Just a regular transparency? I would have thought it would be too thin and be floppy, but yours doesn't seem to flop.

Is the link for Doris' flower in the locked sections at the top of the templates forum? I can probably find it so you don't have to go to all the trouble of looking for it. I'll check it out later on when I get back there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by thecountryrose:
    No kidding! Just a regular transparency? I would have thought it would be too thin and be floppy, but yours doesn't seem to flop.

Is the link for Doris' flower in the locked sections at the top of the templates forum? I can probably find it so you don't have to go to all the trouble of looking for it. I'll check it out later on when I get back there.
    Hey Barb..........here's the link as I knew just where to find it and you'd probably have to look for a while!

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...=178676&page=3

go to #34!

Pam

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pam
    I think we need instructions posted in the Classes section. This is awesome!
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so unigue, you must post the instructions. Seems like I have seen this before.
    Mickie