Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a work in progress laying out on my worktable when my 18 mo - old son decided to decorate some pictures with an ink pen. (It was a uniball pen.) I can't crop it out. Is there any way to safely remove the ink??
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a work in progress laying out on my worktable when my 18 mo - old son decided to decorate some pictures with an ink pen. (It was a uniball pen.) I can't crop it out. Is there any way to safely remove the ink??
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there is not if it is a gel pen. It's the one they recommend using when you write a check, because it cannot be lifted. I'm so sorry about your LO. Can you get the pics reprinted and redo the LO? I think I'd be crying about now.
    Judith

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you scan the pic and repair it with your image manipulation program?

The other option is to scrap it as-is with an additional journal entry about the "additional decoration". You are upset right now but the day will come where your babe's artwork will be a treasured memory.

...Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy's suggestions are the same ones that I was going to share. Either scan the photo/s and alter the 'artwork' out or just make a tag or note card that fits behind the photo explaining the pen lines on it. Or, if you have a negative or digital scan of the photo, have another photo made.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I can't get a reprint of the photo; it's a picture of my DD with Santa from the mall (copyrighted). Since it's her brother's artwork, I don't think she would appreciate his artwork in the years to come. If there's no way to remove the ink, I guess I'll have to do it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry we couldn't be of more help. Those photos are one of a kind.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your photos. But I would try to look at it as just what you said it was, art. Kids do this stuff all the time, including mine. Just add in the journaling how the added artwork by your son came to be on the pictures. I am sure in years to come there will be more giggles than tears shed over the unexpected artwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try contacting the company who did the original picture and explain to them what happened. They would probably give you a permission letter to have it fixed professionally. I doubt they would still have a copy of the original and companies are usually very cooperative under circumstances like this.

Our Santa pictures from the mall always come with the company information, but if yours didn't you can always contact the mall and they will probably be able to give you the company information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some ballpoint ink off an old photo one time by using UNDO. It may be worth a try.