Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone use the free online photo storage systems offered by different companies? I know that Shutterfly and Snapfish have it and am not sure of the rest. It sounds too good to be true but I don't want to get an e-mail one day saying the photo of me with no make-up and my hair on end while in a swimsuit ends up on youtube. I'll be anxious to hear the responses.
    Ms. Merry

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use photobucket for some stuff. I have it set to private so that no one can see it. Oh and the swimsuit photo's with your hair in your eyes, coughing up water, with one cheek shining and you have one finger trying to get the water out of your ear and picking that wedgie.... Oh that one never gets past the cd, LOL!!! I only print those photo's myself...... Not everyone can handle this beautiful body, LOL!!!!
    This photo was the last one me and DH took while swimming, LOL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midnight how funny. LOL
    Mickie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry,
    A lot depends on what you are looking for. Easy to share? Unlimited storage? Quality prints? Inexpensive prints? Full size downloads? Group albums?

Each system has it's strengths, and I've found none that exel at all, but the best one for MY needs is Winkflash.

I haven't ordered prints but others here have and say the are very good. I know they use Fuji Crystal Archive paper, which is a plus.

They DON'T make sharing as easy as some. I'd prefer to be able to share with my friends without them having to sign up for a membership. On the other hand, one of the things I look for in a share is whether or not my friends can download the full size image to theis computer. Many place will let the owner do this, but few let others do it. And they will burn a CD of images for $20, should something happen to my computer. (Of course, I'd need several CD's, even $200 is a good price if I were to lose everthing otherwise!)

Flickr allows it, but their are bandwidth limits so you may not be able to load all the photos you want in a given month. And unless you pay for a membership, organization isn't so good.

Picasso has good organization and sharing, but limited photo storage space.

There are lots of other possibilities, but you will have to decide what you are looking for in a service first.