Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a book junkie. Love to look at them all, but rarely use them when I actually scrap. Anyone have a favorite book that is more than just eye candy? Please share your favorite book that you actually use.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use card making books fairly often.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Elsie Flannigan's 52 Challenges book. It really gets you to think outside the box.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wrote a long response and it got lost.

I'm an idea book junkie too. Here's my favorites (and it's a long list)

"The Amazing Page" published by Memory Makers. This book is HUGE and has tons of eye candy - gorgeous LOs.

"Ask the Master" also published by Memory Makers. Great eye candy - not as big as the book above, but still a great reference

"Quick and Easy Scrapbook Styles" also by MM. Great illustrations of different scrapbook styles, though I think I prefer the two above slightly.

"Pet Pages Unleashed" - fabulous pet layouts.

"Joy of Scrapbooking" by Kerri Arquette, published by Cantata Books. HUGE and lots of eye candy.

"A Scrapbooker's Color Palette" by Kerri Arquette and published by Cantata. Great reference for color, lots of eye candy.

"52 Scrapbooking Challenges" by Elsie Flannagan. Gorgeous freestyle LOs

"Designing with Color" by Autumn Leaves - another good color reference.

"A Designer's Eye to Choosing Patterned Paper" by Ali Edwards. Good reference - while I prefer LOs in books like the Amazing Page and Ask the Masters, I still felt it was useful and a good book, even if I prefer more layered/freestyle type of layouts.

I already ordered the new "Type Cast" by MM, due out the end of Jan. An editor for MM Books said it was the best one yet for eye-candy, in terms of their yet-to-be-released books. Can't wait to get it. And I also ordered "Scrapbook Designer's Workbook" by Kari Hansen of MM, it's supposed to focus on color also.

Hope this helps. Of all of these, I tend to keep going back to "The Amazing Page". I also love "Ask the Masters", Scrapbooker's Color Palette". I think the MM books have gotten really good, at least the recent ones.

Good luck - hope this helps.

Beth