Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Xyron refills

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an e-mail a while ago from Xyron stating:

We have become aware that some of the Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridges produced during 2006 no longer meet our high adhesive standards for quality and performance. Impacted cartridges could have been distributed as either starter or refill cartridges for our Creative Station™ and create-a-sticker™ products.

Xyron regularly conducts rigorous quality testing on all products. However, circumstances beyond our control can impact product performance. The Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridges in question were tested and met Xyron quality specifications when they were sold. Unfortunately it appears a small number of them may no longer meet our high standards.

Anybody hear about this??? The e-mail is longer but I can post it if anyone wants. It goes on to say which cartridges are affected and that they will replace them.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are they saying is happening if the products were used. My refills don't last me a month before i have to replace them and i wouldnt' even have a clue at this point as to which items i used the older adhesives on or not. Where did you hear this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard about this. It's definitely interesting.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haven't heard this either, plus they don't state which model is going bad? Is it all of them? if so.. Zoiks!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry if I freaked anybody out. Not my intention. I was writing this while my 15 mos old was ready to pound on the keyboard and had to make it quick. sorry. Here's the rest of the e-mail...

Replacement cartridges that could be impacted are:
    • AT155-20 – Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge for XRN150
    • AT255-20CFTP – Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge for XRN250CFT
    • AT1505-18 – Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge for XRN500
    • AT1605-18 – Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge for XRN510ATP
    • LAT1605-15 – Acid-Free Laminate/Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge for XRN510ATP
    • AT901-40 – Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge to XRN900
    • AT905-40 – Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive replacement cartridge to XRN900
    • LAT975-25 – Acid-Free Laminate/Permanent adhesive replacement cartridge for XRN900

Machine cartridges that could be impacted are:
    • XRN150 – Xyron® 150 (1.5”) create-a-sticker™ with Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridge
    • XRN250CFT – Xyron® 250 (2.5”) create-a-sticker™ with Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridge
    • XRN500 – Xyron® 500 (5”) create-a-sticker™ with Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridge
    • XRN510ATP - Xyron® 510 (5”) Creative Station™ with Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridge
    • XRN900 - Xyron® 900 (9”) Creative Station™ with Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridge

Please note that there are no problems with any of the physical machines and all other refill cartridges for Creative Station and create-a-sticker product, 2” and 4” Runner product and the Xyron 850 and 1200 models continue to meet our high standards for quality and performance.

Xyron is committed to manufacturing high quality products and providing exceptional customer service. It is unlikely that you will experience any problems with these cartridges, but in order to ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction, we will provide replacement Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive cartridges free of charge to all consumers who purchased affected cartridges and who contact us as instructed below before June 1, 2007.

In an affected cartridge, the adhesive may not properly transfer from the liner to an item, and as a result will not adhere to your project.

Please contact Xyron Customer Service at 1-800-781-9077 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time before June 1, 2007 to obtain a replacement cartridge or with any questions. Xyron reserves the right to request return of purchased product through issuance of a return authorization ticket through UPS.

Due to the unforeseen nature of this problem, some cartridges may not be available until early May. Availability will vary by cartridge.

We sincerely appreciate your purchase of Xyron products, and apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused. For Tips and Techniques when using our adhesive line please visit http://www.xyron.com/enUS/CampaignsH..._and_Tips.html .
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would know if yours was not working.
    ~ Jennifer ~
    Independent Consultant with I Remember When...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem I have had with some of the X refills, is the adhesive does not stick to what I ran through it, or it is just too gummy after removing it and I have to erase away all the excess.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess all the ones i've used so far were good then. WHEW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie I think that's what it means when it say "may not transfer to item" I have had some problem with this also ... thought it was me in how I was taking it off...LOL. As long a some of it stayed on I used what was there. Hum... do we now need to file our reciepts??? (I didn't go to the link but that's what they always want - if you don't have it they get off the hook) Man I throw them out so dh don't know what I spend. LOL

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have all of my receipts, would be very scarey if I actually added them all up to see what I have spent. As much as I would like it if refills would work like they are supposed to work, I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of getting replacements. I really don't use the adhesive that much now that I have my trusty ATG and glue pen.
    bonnie