Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scheduled release date for the new software is Dec. 1.......just in time for Santa to put it in our stockings!
    Here's a link in case you're very interested: cricut software
    This is a friend of mine and she is very reliable. Mine is coming with this one!!! Yeah for me!!!

Marsha
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting!! I will put on my christmas list!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question never really heard about this, can it work on the old cricuts? or just the new ones.

Thanks Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice, I was told by a rep that it would work on either, but I plan to check before purchasing. I really want it.
    Judith

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ladies. I'm confused. Does this replace the many cartridges I already own? I am not sure how this works. Anyone care to clue me in on this? Thanks much!
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The article that Marsha referred us to did say it was good for either machine.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't own a cricut, but did I read this correctly? It says the software will have ALL of their designs on it. So all of those people who have purchased individual cartridges at $40 to $80 a pop, can now have it all on one disk for one price. What are these going to retail at?

QuicKutz did something similar with the Silhouette (also something I don't own), and I didn't want (and still don't want) an electronic cutter anyway so I wasn't 'out' anything.

Wouldn't this make you mad? Or are you guys just more excited to see this actually come to fruition?

Explore
    Cricut DesignStudio includes an electronic collection of every image found within the Cricut cartridge library. Simple and quick keyword searches allow you to search through the 1000s of images available to find that perfect letter, shape, or phrase that will transform your project into a new stunning creation! Online updates will also keep Cricut DesignStudio supplied with any new content that become available, letting you explore the latest and greatest Cricut cartridges!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    key word there being "EXPLORE" the Cricut cartridges.... to actually CUT out a project you will have to have the cartridge in your possession.

But this will open up design and creative possibilities for carts we already own!! I would love to be able to weld words together, cut shape within shapes, flip, rotate, resize....

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, it does say later on that you have to have purchased the actual cartridge to use that part of the software.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess if I actually owned one I would have read the disclosure more carefully.
    bonnie