Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for those of you that do not know what happen to a card I made and gifts I sent to my SS this month Fotonana,Marsha. I made her a floral punch card so they do not fit in a regular envie so I have been buying these envies that clear plastic at my LSS and send them in them. They cost my about 1.64 ea to do but at least they get there unharmed normally. I use a plain white card stock to write the name and addy on and then turn the card around so on the back you can see the front of the card. They lady at the PO always likes my mail cause she likes to see the cards. Well someone took the card and gifts inside the card and only sent the cardstock with the addy on with the clear envie to Marsha! So ladies be careful how you send your art in the mail cause they are not safe in the PO. That is so sad to think we can not trust the PO anymore. I will be going to my PO and filing a complaint. But in the meantime my poor SS missed out on this and some of the stuff I put in there I can not replace anymore cause I had purchased it and there is no more. So please learn something from this mishap and be careful. I really hope my swap with all about me cards make it to me in one piece!! Well enough about this. You all have a wonderful day.

Diana
    Diana

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Diana, that's awful. What is our world coming to. Am sure they will have some lame excuse how it was lost. The person that took it will never get any joy from it, you can count on that.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is awful. I know that I get mail opened all the time and my big problem is with the ups guy. My dh and I were home one afternoon when the man in brown came up with my parcel and didn't even walk up the steps he just threw my box on the porch and walked off. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG that's horrible! I can't believe someone stole it out of the package!!

I've seen the delivery people throw packages on my porch, too. They don't even bother to see if anyone is home to get it.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a sad time when you can't even send mail without it being tampered with. I often use the clear cellophane envies from Stampin Up, now I will be alittle more careful. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by luvstoscrap:
    that is awful. I know that I get mail opened all the time and my big problem is with the ups guy. My dh and I were home one afternoon when the man in brown came up with my parcel and didn't even walk up the steps he just threw my box on the porch and walked off. I couldn't believe my eyes.
    You must live in Missouri . The UPS service here is really bad too. We use the USPS whenever we have a choice. They too, leave it on the porch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the head's up Diana. I've heard of this type of thing before, especially at Christmas time when people are sending money through the mail. If they find out who tampered with your mail while it was in transit, that person will be fired, I'm sure. I think that most postal employees value their jobs enough that they don't tamper with the mail they are processing. My cousin used to work for the USPS, I can ask her about this situation. Her DH works for the USPS currently. I'll let you know what I find out from her.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in defense of UPS...I also live in MO and have NO trouble with them. They are always polite and will even help carry a heavy package inside the door (they won't actually come into the house but will lay it inside the door) if I am home and ask. Small, not too valuable pkgs, they leave on the door and ring the bell so that if anyone is home, they will come right down and get it. Guess I am just lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that is awful about your card. I had just posted how fun it was to send things in those clear envelopes. I've also heard of gift cards being taken from regular white envelopes. Someone said you should write down the number on the back and cancel it that way but I don't think that's the solution either. Why can't people just behave themselves?
    Ms. Merry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I am sorry to hear this is happening and happened to you. Just makes you worry if they are stealing scrapbook stuff what else they could be stealing from us.