Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">....on paper?? I have a sewing machine and I can sew cloth just dandy, but I am not sure what to set it on to sew on paper. It usually rips my paper and doesn't look that good. Any tips or pointers would be great!! Thanks!!</span>

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">....on paper?? I have a sewing machine and I can sew cloth just dandy, but I am not sure what to set it on to sew on paper. It usually rips my paper and doesn't look that good. Any tips or pointers would be great!! Thanks!!</span>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never sewed on paper before but I was looking in the AC Moore ad and they have a paper sewing machine that on sale for under 5 dollars but I don't think they could be much more then that anywhere else. You might also want to check your setting or only use a thicker cardstock.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of the little sewing machines from AC Moore - don't waste your money. It's just not worth it, even at $5.
    I agree - I use a slightly longer stitch length than usual. Also, light tension. And go slow!

Hugz,
    Connie
    www.istlc4you.com

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The key is longer stitch length and lighter tension. Practice on a scrap piece before you attempt it on your layup. I love the look of stitching on a layup.

Rosalie, CA