Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!

I am looking for some ideas to make my maid of honor a friendship boardbook. I don't have a lot of pics of the two of us, but would like to make something special for her anyway. Does anyone have any ideas to help me get started? Thanks in advance!

Ginny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!

I am looking for some ideas to make my maid of honor a friendship boardbook. I don't have a lot of pics of the two of us, but would like to make something special for her anyway. Does anyone have any ideas to help me get started? Thanks in advance!

Ginny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you don't have many pictures, maybe you can use items to represent things you did together, like movie or amusement park tickets, picture of roller coasters (or picture of whatever the topic is about), a match book or coaster from your favorite hangout. If you went to the beach, try putting sand in a shaker box or small clear bag with some shells.

Maybe give us a list of the topics you are focusing on and we can be more specific with ideas.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Karen for your ideas. I really don't know what exactly I want to do, but... We have known each other for 14 years, went to HS together, started college then she went into the Marines and we didn't see each other often, you know how that goes... Now she is in the State Police and we live 7 hours apart. We have stayed friends through it all so I would like to make her something special. I will dig around the house and see what I can come up with and keep you posted.

Thanks again,
    Ginny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a birthday album for a friend several yrs ago. I had everyone who came to her party write a special note to her & included a picture of them. Maybe you could do something along that idea. Have local friends write about a special memory they have of her & include their picture. Or you could just include special memories that you have of your friendship & then include items like Karen mentioned to go along with the memories.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U could play off what pics u do have, but mainly focus on the memories you all have together and document those into the book, It would be something to look at and bring back remember when....times, since you two have so much history together and have remained friends through it.
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend made one recently for her best friend and she took her school yearbook and made copies of some of the pictures, including the school buses. Used that for her background. Also used retro stuff like jukeboxes, themes from the movie Grease, etc. It was really nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say go with the memories, even add how you two meant and what that day means to you. Maybe add a few poems about friendship and embellish those pages with things she likes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I sat down last night and wrote 2 pages of journaling, how we met, some high school memories, memories through the years and dug out some pictures. I am thinking I will probably split the journaling up and add pics and embellies to go with the memories. Now I'm wondering if I will have enough room, it's an 8 by 8 boardbook, thinking maybe I'll copy all the pics into wallet size. No hurry though, I just need it by rehearsal dinner Friday night and the rest of the week is looking like it will be crazy! I'll get it done though and show you all the final result.

Thanks again,
    Ginny