Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paris Hilton

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im really bugged! She was released from jail...but thats not why Im bugged...I think people are crazy for being so upset about it!

Everyone is upset about her getting "special treatment" due to her fame and fortune. Wether we like it or not, she is NOT like any of us. She does not have many of the luxuries we do, like being able to get away for the day with our family, in peace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I also think she chooses to lead the lifestyle she leads and flaunts it as well.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, I'm tired of hearing her name. She is getting special treatment. Plain and simple. Should she have been kept away from other prisoners, yes, for her own safety. Should she have gotten out of jail already, NO. Should her sentence have been reduced? NO! She should be sitting in her little jail cell for the full 45 days. She very well could have killed someone and she should be paying the true consequences. I truly believe she's going to do it again. She has now been shown that because of who she is she can do what she wants with minimal consequences.

I'll get off the soapbox now and let someone else have a turn.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy- That is my problem with these girls and guys, seeing them come out of clubs totally smashed and then getting into a car and driving.

I worked the ER for many years and saw the results of drunk drivers and all of the money in the world won't comfort a family who has lost a loved one.

Maybe jail's not the answer for DWI/DUI.

Maybe the answer is being dragged out of your posh house into the ER to see the dead mangled bodies of a man & woman killed by a drunk driver- a man who had several DWI's prior to killing them.

That man & woman were the parents of 8 children by the way, they were on their way home from shopping.

The driver had a very wealthy influential family and got weekends in jail.

Weekends in jail...for depriving 8 kids of their parents not to mention the rest of their families that suffered.

That is a true story that happened right here in central NY.

Last year we had a girlscout in a local community killed by a drunk driver as she crossed the street to deliver GS cookies.

He had priors for DWI also.

They don't learn until something tragic happens...

Stepping off my soapbox now- next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Javamom, I totally agree with you. I had a cousin who was hit by a drunk driver on his way home from work one night. He also had previous DWI's and NO insurance to boot. Cousin ended up with some brain damage that is permanent, lost his wife and kids because the wife left him and took the kids, lost a very prosperous business, and I don't even want to tell you where he is now . The drunk driver? 30 days in jail for not having 'insurance'. Didn't spend time in jail for hitting someone and destroying the lives of the entire family. I have NO sympathy for drunk drivers. If a person wants to get drunk that is their business, but they have no right to go out and jeopardize innocent people.

B in L.A.
    Supposedly, she got out due to "medical reasons." I just read that HER OWN psychiatrist visited and said that she was in imminent danger of a nervous breakdown so that's why she was released. You mean being in jail was not something that was upsetting to her? Aw, poor baby, let her out. We can't make anyone uncomfortable about being in jail, can we?

She did deserve to be in jail, not only for the drunk driving, but for refusing to meet the conditions set for her after her first citation. To this day she has never enrolled in an education course for drunk drivers. One thing they do in the course is show pictures of people who have been hit by drunk drivers to make them realize exactly what they're doing when they decide to drive drunk.

Last night Nicole Richie was on Letterman and said she may be facing jail time too. I guess she'll be let out for "health" reasons too. When asked why she did what she did, she said "I'm 25, I'm still learning." What?!!! When I was 25, I was a mature, responsible adult. Why are so many 25 year olds so immature these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was 25, I was a young working mother! I agree with all each of you has said. I have no use for DUI or DWI. Put them all in jail...Take their liscense.

I heard on the late nite news that she may be returning to jail.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you gals! At 25 I was working fulltime as a Respiratory Therapist and there were nights where I was covering 1/2 the hospital by myself at night including ICU & the ER. They really need to grow up.

These people aren't really living they're just preforming 24/7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so tired of these individuals that take up space on this planet with the soul purpose of "living it up". We shouldn't be surprised that this happened. I was surprised when she actually turned herself in early. I was surprised when Robert Downey Jr. got off as well. Once again it is a case of if you have enoug $$$$$ the rules do not apply to you. As a teacher I see it every day. Kids are being taught that its okay to lie, cheat, steal, and break the rules. Because if you are held accountable by the school I (Mom or Dad) will yell and scream until you get what you want.

Back in the day kids tantrumed for what they want but now parents do it for them. All in the name of wanting things better for their kids. We all need to be held accountable for our actions.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've just had a horrid accident in Victoria (Australia)... a truck ran into a train at a level crossing... Eleven people died... it's one of the worst rail crossing accidents... We've now learned the truck driver has been charged with culpable driving.
    I saw pictures of three of the dead.. it was a mother and her two daughters (looked to be aged about 6 and 8) the husband hasn't come to grips with it yet...
    Gosh.. it does make you wonder why the road laws are not stricter and impose harsher penalties. A persons fame or fortune.. or any other situation should never be an excuse for them walking away almost without penatly.
    We all have our own opinions don't we... but one thing we definetly all agree on and it was part of an advertisement slogan some time back...

"If you drink and drive your a bloody idiot!"
    (ooops... sorry.. did I use a naughty word?????)
    MEIOWWWWWWWW says Tshina.... I thinks she's telling me I did

love...Angie