Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question, when you are using downloaded elements etc in a layout, do you prefer to put in your own drop shadows?

Would you prefer all the pieces separate, so you can layer them any way you like as opposed to having some of it already layered on the paper?

I am not a big fan of quick pages, as I like to put it all together myself. As I offer lots of freebies, I was just wondering how folks felt about the drop shadows etc.

http://bobbirosen.spaces.live.com/

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question, when you are using downloaded elements etc in a layout, do you prefer to put in your own drop shadows?

Would you prefer all the pieces separate, so you can layer them any way you like as opposed to having some of it already layered on the paper?

I am not a big fan of quick pages, as I like to put it all together myself. As I offer lots of freebies, I was just wondering how folks felt about the drop shadows etc.

http://bobbirosen.spaces.live.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to click on your link, because I was lost and thinking, huh?

Digital scrapping - sorry, I can't help you there, however, I am sure there are some digi scrappers that will be able to help you.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only done on digital layout and I didn't add shadows because I didn't know how, but as far as separate elements go. I prefer that over pre-made pages for bith digital and regular scrapbooking.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just starting to try some digital scrapping. Mostly I've used photoshop and then printed the pages. As for an opinion about drop shadows, I don't have one at this point because my skills are not advanced enough to figure out much more than what was taught in the 2 classes I took on photoshop (basically, followed the directions and took it twice because the first time around I had a lot of trouble just learning how to work the program). Would you be willing to share some tips on how to work with the digital embellishments, etc. I'll bet there are other scrappers who'd like to have more tips on how to use these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I would rather do it myself, that way the shadow is where I want it in relation to the page.

However I can see where elements with built-in drop shadows would be convenient - particularly for those just starting out in digi. Perhaps offer both?

Pam
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer pieces separate .

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a diy-er....don't really want to use 'quick' pages, and though I usually DON'T alter the default drop shadow, I like knowing I could if I WANTED to.