Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just inherited a whole box of ribbon to go with the overflowing drawer I already had. I've talked my handyman hubby into building me a cabinet for it but I need help designing it. I only have a scrap area (not a whole room) so I was thinking about a cabinet that would fit under my table. If it is 30" tall, 28" wide, and 15" deep, how many rows of rods could I get in it? I was thinking of doing the 2 rod bit for the rolls to rest on and staggering them front and back.
    Dang, I can't add a picture of my area to help give you and idea of what I'm working with.
    Any ideas?
    TIA
    Carol
    p.s. see next post - I got a picture to load there to show you my area.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's see if I can make this work
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really have an idea yet, but a question. If you put it under the table are you still going to have room for your legs? And do you have any pets that may like to play with it if you put it that low?
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be a real weird suggestion, but I guess you must consider the source! LOL! Why not hang a wire vegetable/fruit basket from the ceiling over your talbe and put your ribbons in it? Or have your hubby make you a hanging shelf with clothespin-type hooks on it to hook your ribbons on it over your work area? A pot rack would also work for hanging baskets of ribbons from, too! That is what I would do with the work space you have.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, I would have to turn the black plastic set around and I would have very little room but I stand a lot anyway. And, I was going to have him put doors on it to keep the kitty fur out.
    Judy, great suggestion except the whole ceiling would have to be covered with hanging racks and, also, it opens into the living room so I try to keep things out of site when I'm not working.
    I'll keep chewing on it.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have a spot on the right...I see it!!!!...LOL.. are your ribbons on rolls???? if so maybe your DH could take two narrow boards and run dowel stick through it so that you can hang your ribbon on it....just depending on the size of rolls of ribbon you have ... as to how many of the dowel sticks he could make. Sorry I don't know how to get an image on here like you did...or I could show you ...
    Nancy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nancy, I just learned how to insert the pic today. Go down to Admin section and question on attachments. Avonchick gave a great explanation. I guess my biggest hangup is that anything I do is visible from the living room so I like it out of sight when I'm not working on it. And, also, I use the table for a buffet table when I have big family dinners so everything has to be moveable to clear the room.
    I know, lots fo restrictions. That's why I'm having such a hard time with this.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay here is my suggestion. How about a two sided box that would hinge down one side on wheels. When you scrap you could roll it out and open it (book style) and when not in use it could be folded shut and sit under your table. Just a suggestion.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gail, that was kinda my idea. Just trying to figure out how big it will have to be and how many rolls of ribbon I can store.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use the whole space under the table corner. Then I would measure the size of the spool and see how many you can get in. If I get a chance I will do some rough calculations.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com