PDA

View Full Version : Heritage LO Challenge

craftylady
03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Here we go ladies. What to do with those pics that you have? Get them out of the photo box and lets scrap them!!! I challenge you to scrap a grandparent LO. Has to be new as of today. No limits on a 2 page or 1 page LO and no limits on embellies. The main thing is to have fun and leave alittle love on everyones LOs. :)

1. Craftylady
2. Ziggyeor
3. Momsisme
4. bluecycle
5. mommaidwf
6. countryrose
7. GinnyS
8. jujuann
9. Carolyn

ziggyeor
03-27-2008, 11:08 PM
ohh maybe this weekend! I need to do some more for my heritage pages. I got a disc of all my Grannys shoe box photos :)

Ziggy

OH and I LOVE your siggy!

momsisme
03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
I,m in

blueyecicle
03-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Oh man, I don't even have one picture of my grandparents. Not a one!:(

mommaidwf
03-28-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't really have any either. Mine live far away.

thecountryrose
03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Cristal and Cindy, I was reading an article online about not having heritage pictures and you can still scrap about your grandparents. You can put information you know about them on your page and also add embellishments from their time period. You are both creative enough to do this :).

craftylady
04-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Cristal and Cindy, I was reading an article online about not having heritage pictures and you can still scrap about your grandparents. You can put information you know about them on your page and also add embellishments from their time period. You are both creative enough to do this :).

I have done that also with memories of my grandmother. Information is very important to keep. Use a picture of an area, a recipe, anything that sparks a memory of one of them.

I have several recipes from my Jewish grandmother. I put them into a Family recipe book. When I put in one of her recipes, I would write down what remembered about her.

craftylady
04-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Well, ladies. Less start this challenge today. The rules are to have fun. The entries have to be new as of today and to scrap a grandparent. It can be a one or two page LO and of any size. If you use a technique, please tell us about it so we can learn it. The entries will be due at the end of May. I will have several judges picking out the winner which I will send a prize to.

Get ready! Get set! Go!!!!

jujuann
04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Is it too late to get in on this. I'm sorting photos and came across some of my grand parents. I can gwt some LOs done by the end of May. I have 2 crops coming up in May.

MsGinnyS
04-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Can I join too, i have a couple pictures around that I need the motivation to scrap.

Ginny

cb4pigs
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Me too, me too!

ziggyeor
04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
opps I did some and I think i posted to the gallery! I'll have to check I know I did them :D

Ziggy

craftylady
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Is it too late to get in on this. I'm sorting photos and came across some of my grand parents. I can gwt some LOs done by the end of May. I have 2 crops coming up in May.

It's never too late. Glad to have you join in the fun.

craftylady
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Can I join too, i have a couple pictures around that I need the motivation to scrap.

Ginny

Oh, yes. I have been getting alot of movitation in doing this from another groups of scrappers. Seen I have been with them I have done 60 LOs since Feb. I couldn't believe it at first.

Love to have you. I'm getting excited to see everyone's work.

craftylady
04-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Me too, me too!

How can I say no to my fav Pooh character!!! lo Glad to have you join in the fun. lol

momsisme
05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/5/5/2/more_pictures_005_thumb.jpg (http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1707&catid=newimages) This my late dear grandmother we called her MeMaw loved her very much. this is for the challenge lo

law
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
that is beautiful! I love that paper, and a great design. I have a pic of my great grandmother holding ,my oldest child. she passed away this winter so I think I will dig that one out. was taken 13 years ago so it's not blk and white. not that that matters I just think seppia and blk,white with heritage....

Cass17
05-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I have a heritage layout question. What do you journal about if you don't know anything about the photo like where they were, when the photos were taken, etc. I have a lot of old photos and all I can say about them is who they are (some I don't even know everyone who's in them).

tallulah1
05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I would think - make a pretty page and just title with what you know - if you can't journal - then just make the picture (s) speak for themselves
Janelle

javamom
05-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I would like to give this a try. My MIL gave pictures of her grandparents on their wedding day- oddly they are not together in one pic- it is 2 seperate pics! We don't know dates or anything so it is difficult, but I love the pics and look forward to scrapping them.

Cher56
05-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Is this still open? I would love to do this. Count me in. When does this have to be done, any set time? I'll start on mine this weekend. Also do you upload here or in LO's?

Got a question about the SAS Mem'day contest. If you do a LO where do you upload it. I clicked on the URL but I didn't see where it said upload or anything. It wasn't like the LO section here. So how do you do it when the you get your photo's and do your LO and ready to post?

ziggyeor
05-09-2008, 07:26 AM
hey Cheryl I think you can do this challenge at any time. not 100% um you can upload to your gallery and then copy the BB code to a post here.

The Mem'day I'm not sure but I think he'll have a section open Memorial day to post your LO's.

Ziggy

momsisme
05-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I have to agree with Jannell just do as much as you can find out what you can thru realtives I have alot of older pictures of my great grandmother and aunt & uncles but don't know much about them so If I decided to do them they will probably just have there names and what they were to me
-----------
Diana

Cher56
05-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Ok, I have never uploaded to the gallery before, so someone please tell me how.

ziggyeor
05-09-2008, 08:00 PM
well it looks like you figured it out :) I clicked on images under your name and found it :D Great job with the black and white. I really like the flowers :D

Ziggy

Cher56
05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah me!!!
Now how do you do a BB code? LOL.

momsisme
05-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Cheryl this is the way I do it
BB code click to highlight then right click hit copy go to community go to layouts post new thread right click paste it title & description then submit thread
Good Luck It took me awhile to learn this one
--------------
Diana

Cher56
05-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Oh Diana, if it took you a while to learn, then I may never figure it out. But I'll try.

jujuann
05-31-2008, 10:17 PM
I haven't gotten this challenge done. I need to get on it. I had forgotten all about it. I know which photo I want to do, so now I just need to get it and the Memorial Day one done.

southernbellescrapper
06-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Great job Diana!