PDA

View Full Version : Scor-it

Louise-flj
03-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Please fill me in on the Scor-it. I have seen it listed on numerous card LO and would like to know more info about it. What all can you do with it, where do you get it, and approx. cost??? I have looked on ebay and they seem a bit pricey if all you can do is make raised lines with it.

Atty
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I just bought one but I think Barb (countryrose) would be the best to tell you all about it.
I had been at Barb's this past weekend and used hers and decided it was something I wanted to invest in since I do alot of cards. I bought mine at Archievers in KC and used a 30% coupon so it costs about $33.00.
hth

thecountryrose
03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
If you make a lot of cards or boxes, it is a great investment that you would not be sorry about. If I had to get rid of some of my tools, the Scor-it would stay!

You can only make raised lines, but it's what you do with those raised lines :). You can use the lines to make designs on your card fronts and it looks great. You can also score lines to make boxes or little bags. The Scor-it was developed by someone who is a professional printer and so the score lines that you get with the Scor-it look and are as professional as you would get from a printer. If you are making several card bases at once, you'll have them scored in mere seconds. Because there is a ruler at the top that is raised it holds your base in place and you will get a perfectly straight score line each time- provided you have cut your base straight. When you fold over on the scored line your ends will meet exactly.

If you don't make a lot of cards and have use for score lines often, you would probably not want to invest in the big Scor-it, but they do have a small one sized for cards. The small one, I believe is around $30.00, but if you have a coupon for somewhere that sells it you can get it cheaper or look online for it for the best price.

There is also the Score Pal, but I read a review by someone who has both and she preferred the Scor-it over the Score Pal. Donna got a chance to try the Score Pal over the weekend and she bought the Scor-it. I will let her give you a review on her thoughts about the two. After seeing the Score Pal in person I was not impressed with it at all. The Scor-it makes much better score lines and you are not limited to the pre-measured scores on the Score Pal. With the Scor-it you can put your score lines as close as 1/16 of an inch.

It is pricey, but very well made and will fit in a 1/2" space. The rubber holds the paper down nicely so it doesn't slip. I am very happy with my Scor-it and I don't regret buying it, but I also use it almost every day. If you do a lot of score lines, it would be worth it to purchase.

Louise-flj
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you so much for all the information. It makes sense to me now what it does. I just couldn't find a good description of it. It is something that I will put on my "to get someday" list. I have been making all of my own cards for the past 2 years. I make alot more cards than I ever bought through out a year, go figure?

Atty
03-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Thank you so much for all the information. It makes sense to me now what it does. I just couldn't find a good description of it. It is something that I will put on my "to get someday" list. I have been making all of my own cards for the past 2 years. I make alot more cards than I ever bought through out a year, go figure?

It's called card addiction. I always said oh there's no way I'd get into making cards....welllllllllllllllllllll Was I ever wrong. Now I have to force myself to work on my LO's cause I want to make cards...LOL

Cyndi
03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
This is on my list to get also, have not found it around here yet. :) Cyndi

momsisme
03-24-2008, 11:32 AM
This is on my list I think it is the same one they had on HSN the other day

QuesMom
08-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I tried the Mini Score-It but ended up buying the Scor-Pal. I had an easier time using it and found it had more features that I liked. The Scor-Pal has a website that puts out newsletters with great new projects using the Scor-Pal.

southernbellescrapper
08-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks for asking this! I was curious too! But for now I'll have to stick to the old school method for mine. I find my center of the card and line it up on my trimmer on that groove where you normally cut. Then take your embossing tool ( I use the one that came in my sb tool kit) and run it along the indention. Works like a charm every time. But I think I too will have to get the scor-it one of these days. May be a good christmas gift! :)

Scrappin' Sue
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I was reading an article about Embossing Boards last night in my CardMaker Magazine, so I'm so glad I found this thread! The mentioned the Scor-It Board and the Top-Scor from Crafteer's Companion whih has single and double straight lines and a wavy line as well. I'm with Atty, I used to be all SBing, then once I got a "taste" of making cards, it's almost difficult to go back to making LOs. Yikes!! I'm in trouble!! More $$$. But, I enjoy it all!!! The article also spoke of a Celebration board from Keepsake Card Craft which has embossing designs on it for cards or LOs. The examples of cards they have using embossed lines are beautiful. Some resemble checkerboard & other smaller squared designs, then squares are embellished. Some lines are Embossed & some are Debossed. Very clever!!
________
SILVERSURFER VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerinfo.com/post/67690122/silversurfer-vaporizer)

southernbellescrapper
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
What a neat idea Sue!!!