PDA

View Full Version : My May-June layout

Angie53
06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi ladies.. thought I'd let you have a look at a card I did for another challenge I was going to take part in.
Something isn't quite right with this one but I cant place my finger on it.. I haven't posted this anywhere else because something keeps niggling at me that it isn't quite right but I don't know what that 'something' is.. I'm happy with it but I still cant get rid of that feeling.
Perhaps it's because I've used 'copper' for the leaves and used 'gold' for the embellishments.. maybe that's what I'm seeing wrong.. Oh well.. I love you all here so I let you see ALL of my work http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
love ya.. Angie

Angie53
06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi ladies.. thought I'd let you have a look at a card I did for another challenge I was going to take part in.
Something isn't quite right with this one but I cant place my finger on it.. I haven't posted this anywhere else because something keeps niggling at me that it isn't quite right but I don't know what that 'something' is.. I'm happy with it but I still cant get rid of that feeling.
Perhaps it's because I've used 'copper' for the leaves and used 'gold' for the embellishments.. maybe that's what I'm seeing wrong.. Oh well.. I love you all here so I let you see ALL of my work http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
love ya.. Angie

carrottop50
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
It is a very pretty card!!!! I don't really see anything wrong with it. But if you do it might be the flowers just pop too much. I love your flowers they look real.
Nancy

Penster (pjwlee)
06-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Angie,
Your work is always great, the only thing I see is the large space on the on side of the card, maybe offset the flowers more toward that space or a branch with buds to fill in that area.TFS

oniska
06-04-2007, 02:28 AM
I agree the first thing after how pretty it is , is that ther was a space that might need something

javamom
06-04-2007, 04:33 AM
The card is lovely as always ANgie- but the open space jumped out at me too, I bet that's what is doing the niggling ! I think the gold & copper together looks fine!

luvscraping
06-04-2007, 05:16 AM
beautiful Angie

Schloglett
06-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Beautiful card, wouldn't change a thing. Lisa

mommaidwf
06-04-2007, 05:24 AM
Angie, it's gorgeous! I wouldn't change a thing either.

Angie53
06-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Thanks for all your comments..
Let me explain to you the challenge.. then you will understand the 'open space' on the left.
This card had to be.....
Right hand opening with Right hand vertical layout. It's a really strange one. Normally I wouldn't make a card like this but when one is following the 'rules of the challenge' one has to obey the rules http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Personally.. to have a layout on the right hand side makes the card seem a little lop sided for want of a better explanation. Had the layout been on the left hand side it would have looked different.
I honestly think that is what has been bothering me.. and thankyou ladies because you've made me see that.. it's probably not so much what I've put on the card but the position of the layout. That makes me feel better because never would I do this type of card again http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

love ya all... Angie

nanamsc
06-04-2007, 06:08 AM
great card angie. i see what you mean. thanks for sharing and explaining your challenge.

crafty grandmommie
06-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Angie, first let me say that anything you do is beautiful, but we are all searching for something to be wrong since you asked us to. The thing I notice is that the brown strips behind your flowers reminds me of a trellis but the flowers are not in proportion to a trellis. Could that be part of the problem? Bottom line is though, who am I to critique your work? lol

thecountryrose
06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Gosh, it's so beautiful... but the empty space stands out to me too. What if you staggered the flowers in a more pronounced zig zag, something like this:
* Darn, when I posted, it made my asterisks go straight. Top flower to the left, middle flower a little more to the right and then the bottom flower more to the left. Does that make sense?

That would take some of the weight off the one side and distribute it more. What if you point the leaves for the top and bottom flowers just slightly more toward the center instead of facing the top of the card after zig zagging them?

thecountryrose
06-04-2007, 10:55 AM
PS I really like the warmth of the copper and the gold- really sets everything off nicely.

sbartist
06-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Beautiful card Angie - I think it's because we learned to read and look at things from left to right, that is why it looks a little awkward on the left hand side.

Do you have a small scrolly (is that a word?) stamp that you could use on the left side to fill in the void that our eye sees?

Atty
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Beautiful card Angie as normal. Maybe after you do the challenge you can change it around to fill in the space that's getting to you.
TFS

socmagmom
06-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Beautiful card Angie and I'll bet you figure out what the niggle is. Your work is so pretty and artistic!