PDA

View Full Version : Week of 3/8 LAYOUT Challenge

Cass17
03-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm going to be out early tommorow (DD and I were invited to the American Girl show and breakfast) so I'm posting a little early.

From Becky Fleck's new march pagemaps...

Atty
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
oh cool maybe I can get this one done a bit earlier too.
Have a great time tomorrow. What fun a Mom and DD day out.

Cass17
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Have a great time tomorrow. What fun a Mom and DD day out.
Yes, me, DD and the woman who adopted my dog. She has kind of been a local Grandmother to my kids. Her kids and grandkids live far away and my parents are not local so we sort of adopted eachother.

jujuann
03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
My kids and I did that when we lived in IL and CA, as my parents were in the south and my ex's were deceased. Have fun tomorrow. Make sure it's a photo op for the memories.

ScrappySam
03-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Good challenge, Cassie! Have fun with those American Girls --- I've got boxes and boxes of them (and their households) stored for my DD. :) sam

tlc3plus
03-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I hope you have a good day.!

But... after Sam's comment I'm wondering what American Girls is?? Am I the only one who has never heard of it. I'm thinking it's something you can buy because it's stored?? :rolleyes: What kind of items?? I'm going right now and google it! Inquiring minds want to know!

Clarinda

thecountryrose
03-08-2008, 09:19 AM
American Girl is a line of historical character dolls, their clothes and period furniture, etc. Each doll is $99.00 without accessories- you get the doll and the clothes on her back, lol! They have American Girl stores where girls can shop and have tea parties, style their doll's hair, etc.

Have a great time with your DD Cass! Can't wait to see the LO's :D.

ziggyeor
03-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I had the books and the paper dolls when I was about 7. Later on my friends were getting into them and doing stuff and I was like I played with those years ago :p LOL

I remember Samantha and Kit but they've added a bunch to be more multicultural. I think it's a great way to learn about history.

Ziggy

ScrappySam
03-08-2008, 11:06 AM
My 8.5"x11" conversion for the challenge. It was a bit harder than I thouht it would be at first glance --- took out some of the elements to make it work. TFL ~ sam

via gallery:
http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/5/0/2/shades_thumb.jpg (http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery//showimage.php?i=1034&c=3)

ziggyeor
03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
whoa! Very quick :) Left ya gallery love :)

Atty
03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
love it,. love it ...esp. the blk/red/white combo...imagine that! LOL Good pic of you 2 I might add.

Atty
03-08-2008, 01:46 PM
here's mine,
can't seem to always have the links when I upload...hmmm strange.

I had to turn this sideways for it to work with this photo. This is my middle dgs school picture. It is done on white background and the stiching didn't come out perfect... so it's a bit short top/bottom The scan looks pinched in the middle..

tfl

http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/1/9/2/challenge_3_8_08.jpg

thecountryrose
03-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh Donna, I like this. I think the crayons are so cute and so is your journaling tag. And Sam, what can I say? Great LO as always and I really do like that daisy. It's almost your signature ;).

Atty
03-08-2008, 03:51 PM
thanks Barb, I have some of those crayons, you want me to bring some?

ziggyeor
03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
How Cute! Love the sparkly crayons too! and the little title circle is cute too and I see you used your punched boarder again :D

Ziggy

mommaidwf
03-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Sam, gorgeous as always! Donna, what a cute title!

ScrappySam
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Donna, really cute idea with the crayons and I like the LO flipped (I'm working on a 2nd LO and have flipped it, too) -- I love these school class pictures. Great LO using the challenge!

thecountryrose
03-08-2008, 09:25 PM
thanks Barb, I have some of those crayons, you want me to bring some?

Oh thanks Donna! You are too sweet! I have some crayons that I cut on my Wishblade so I'm good on the crayons.

ziggyeor
03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
IT'S PINK!

ok the picture in the circle is priceless and you'll have to take my word for it! Nice thing about my usually bad pictures is when it's daycare kids they're all ready mostly blurred! but did a little more blurring with Adobe or think I did :p

http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/3/0/5/jadyn_002.jpg

Atty
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
It's pink!!!!!!! now how cool is that, didn't think you even owned anything pink!! LOL
j/k I like the LO blurry and all.

ziggyeor
03-09-2008, 09:26 PM
well I buy the cardstock in the pack so I get pink stuff, I liked the other colors that were in the flower box :)

Ziggy

jujuann
03-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Great LOs ladies. Ziggy you almost put me in shock. I had to look at the poster twice to believe it was you.

Donna, that is a great LO of the school photo. Now I know how to do the several I have on hand. Love the crayons.

Sam, love the glasses!! Another great LO as usual.

thecountryrose
03-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Ziggy, what a really cute LO. I love your CB embossing too.

ziggyeor
03-10-2008, 06:54 AM
LOL too funny Judith. Yup just a scrap of cardstock from all the stuff I've been printing and ran it through but it was too long, so I knew I was going to need something to cover up the line. I made that ribbon just fit from off the box :)

Ziggy

Aussie-Abrielle
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
here is my page based on this pagemap. The photos I took back home in South Australia.

http://www.bretjini.com/sunset1.jpg (http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/7/6/sunset.jpg)

Atty
03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
WOW what awesome photo's. Nice take on the challenge too.
tfs

Atty
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Great LOs ladies. Ziggy you almost put me in shock. I had to look at the poster twice to believe it was you.

Donna, that is a great LO of the school photo. Now I know how to do the several I have on hand. Love the crayons.

Sam, love the glasses!! Another great LO as usual.

Thanks Judith... at times it's hard to come up with a LO for just one photo, at least I think so. The round pic of my dgs was taken at a friends bday party.

mommaidwf
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Zig, I love the "frame" of flowers. Very cute and I may just have to steal that idea sometime ;). Aussie, what an absolutely astoundingly beautiful picture! And you did a wonderful job with the layout. Really showcases the picture nicely.

Janice
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
great pages ladies, very cute.

Ziggy -question, are these pages of your day care kids for you or are you going to make a book for their parents and give them when the kid moves up in classrooms?

janice

ziggyeor
03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
actually that poor girl allready moved up LOL and another LO I did the girl had moved up two times! So I stuck them in their cubbies! Maybe the rest of my kids I can make albums for or something not sure. I thought but didn't do (dur) to try and squish to an 8X10 size or something so parents might be able to frame it if they don't sb. If they don't I can tell them they can buy a 12X12 frame, or get like a plate stand LOL

Ziggy

ziggyeor
03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
oh I forgot to mention I love the photos of Australia! and that little flag you stuck there is cute too!

thecountryrose
03-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Wow! That is one awesome sky photo! Really nice LO too.

Cass17
03-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Wow...everyone did such an awesome job with this sketch!