PDA

View Full Version : Dreamkuts

cincpa
01-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Does anyone have this? I saw it on the Zutter website and it looks so cool in a video they have on there site. I would really like it but wanted to know if someone here had any idea how good it is.

http://www.binditall.com/index.html

Vianna
01-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I do not have it, however, I belong to a Yahoo group where ladies who do have it say it's wonderful. I, too, would like to see it demo'd in front of me, but my LSS does not have it. I dont make a lot of booklets, maybe one a month. I go to STAPLES currently to have mine bound.

suescraps
01-27-2008, 11:21 AM
My LSS has it and I've used it there. It is pretty cool! I think it's limited in the sizes of paper it can cut though so you might want to check into that. I think it cuts paper to a 6" and 4" width, and that's it. It's good for stores to own, for when they teach classes and have lots of cutting to do.

Stamp Queen
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
I thought it looked like a waste of money. You can buy yourself a very good cutter with that much money, and not be limited by the specified sizes. Just my 2 cents!

jujuann
01-27-2008, 07:41 PM
It says it cuts 100 different sizes, and hold up to 12" paper. But you would have to do a lot of cutting to match the cost. I don't think I could make it worth my while.

Misty
01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I got the dream cuts and the bind it all machine together for x-mas from hubby. There was a good deal on ohmycrafts.com cost me 99.00 plus 36.00 ground ups shipping.

I mainly got the cutter because it would help save time cutting paper for various shows, make and take projects, seminar samples, crafts shows, etc. I figure it could save me a lot of time verses cutting by hand. Although I haven't used it yet, I should be able to start cutting my papers for the April Crop soon.

According to directions inside the box, it will not cut chipboard and if you try you will cause damage to the unit. Recommended for 180 lb max paper or cardstock.

It has both single blade and double blade passage ad combinations and you can cut a max of 12 in paper.

ziggyeor
01-27-2008, 11:08 PM
hmm well if you can cut the thicker cardstock you can cut it 3 times and stack together and i've heard it's about the thickness of chipboard if you're going for that look. I've never heard of this product though.

ziggy

cincpa
01-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Thanks for all the input. I bought the Bind it All yesterday but am still undecided about the cutter. I can't wait to get it. Hubby told me to "just get it" I looked at him and grinned, turned around and went back to my computer and bought it. I wasn't going to even ask him twice if I should .:D I think he wants to use it too. He wants to put a venison receipe book together. That's ok, I 'll share.

ziggyeor
01-28-2008, 06:44 AM
LOL Well at least you'll both get use out of it :)

Ziggy

jujuann
01-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Sometimes our DHs are better enablers than we are. Let us know how it works and how you like it. Maybe I'll change my mind about it.