PDA

View Full Version : I need help

crafty grandmommie
08-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Has anyone in their search for freebies, or in digital in general, see any paper with strawberries on it.

I need some for paper piecing a strawberry shortcake and can't find anything.

oniska
08-11-2007, 01:11 PM
so far I haven't found strawberrys but will start looking hard.

illinimom
08-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Lynn...
I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I took it as a challenge and played around a bit.
Will any of these work for you?

illinimom
08-11-2007, 03:00 PM
or this

illinimom
08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
or this?

If any of these work, let me know and I'll send you the full-size file.

oniska
08-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Lynn I thought i found you some and they were beautiful but they had expired. I'm still looking

crafty grandmommie
08-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks Darlene - I looked and looked last night and before I knew it, it was 400 am. lol

crafty grandmommie
08-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I like those, but I think they have to many strawberries. Did you put the strawberries in as a brush?

I was just thinking I needed to look for a strawberry and make my own.

illinimom
08-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Lynn....
No brush. In mine, it was one of the 'shapes'. I colored it in and made a 'pattern' then used it to fill. I can try again if you want...maybe smaller berries and more scattered? Or if your version has the shape, you can customize it however you want.

oniska
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Lynn
Here is a search enginge for freebies and some only stay up for a little while.
http://digifree.blogspot.com/2007/06/digital-scrapbooki...eebies-for-last.html (http://digifree.blogspot.com/2007/06/digital-scrapbooking-freebies-for-last.html)

I have downloaded some interesting things I have to get picky because I am running out of space. I got a watch It takes you right to the blog or store. I will put it in the tips but I didn't know if you would check.

crafty grandmommie
08-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I have PhotoShop CS and I'm sure it has the shape. That's just one of the things I'm not used to working with but really want to learn. I'll play with it.

Thanks

illinimom
08-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Decided to try one more time, just because I'm learning as I do it. I'm not really satisfied with the spacing, but I do like the smaller berries. I'll stop here though, unless you tell me you don't have the shape. If you don't, I can either send you a jpg of a large berry that you can resize and use how you want, or you can tell me what you are looking for in size and spacing.

oniska
08-11-2007, 09:27 PM
illinimom I like this Paper, if you know how to ditress it al little it . it might take away from the brightness. . good job

oniska
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
lynn i googled strawberries in the images of google and saw a few that you might can make some paper out off

crafty grandmommie
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Does that shape have a special name? Thanks for working on this. Guess I need to look at some strawberry shortcakes and see exactly what I need.

illinimom
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Lynn,
Yes, it is called 'strawberry 2'...how special is that! LOL! Let me see if I can explain where it is in my PSE. It is the same tool as the one you use to draw a rectangle or a circle. On the top menu, where the pull-down arrow is to specify dimensions, there is also a little 'speech-cloud thingie'. If you click it, a 'shapes' tool will open to the right. If you click on it, a box opens showing a choice of custom shapes. Strawberry 2 is a 'food' and not a 'fruit' (that is left to plain ole strawberry!) Hope my directions make sense!

illinimom
08-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Oniska,
I have no idea what I'm doing here, but I tried applying a fiber rendering to see what would happen. I may play around with something a little more complex tomorrow, but it was interesting to see what I could do quickly.

oniska
08-11-2007, 11:58 PM
illinimom I am really liking it. you have toned it down a lot. It is getting character. Your getting good. You know what I like . it is the cookie cutter. I just love it. I made some heart grafics with flowers that I softened. I am going to try and print them and make my sister a thank you card. It is in the raw but I might show it anyway.

Janice
08-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I am not a big digital scrapper...it cheaper so my hubby would like me doing it more. These are great papers i love the last one, awesome that you can do that. question how can i make it large enough to print out and use. sorry computers are lost on me.

Thanks Janice

illinimom
08-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Janice,
I'm working on that. I will have to get you the full-size file, but it is about 15MB, so I'm not sure I can email it to you. I'm looking for where I might be able to upload it so you can download and print. I'll let you know what I come up with.
Kim

Ok...I uploaded it to my ImageStation account. I think this should work. Here is a link...
http://www.imagestation.com/3077410/3894824511

Once there click on the photo and a new window will open. Then click on 'view original image' and it will open a larger pic. You can then save that image by right-clicking or dragging to your desktop. At least I THINK this will work.

crafty grandmommie
08-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Kim, you could also save it as a .pdf and she could print it, right?

crafty grandmommie
08-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Kim, I tried to figure out what you were talking about, but I'm working in PhotoShop CS and I don't think they have that shape. I have a strawberry I'm going to try when I get a chance.

Your paper is looking great. I love that filter you put on it. Could you do that just in areas, like if you were doing it on the gathers of a dress to make it look darker there like your paper at the top? I have GOT to finish my other stuff. I want to play

crafty grandmommie
08-12-2007, 09:44 AM
LOL - everytime I read this topic, "I need help", in my email, I think, yep, that's me.

illinimom
08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
LOL about your last post Lynn. Can't say for sure about doing it just in areas, but I'm betting if you use the select tool, there is a way. I'm going to have to play with it also, but I'm really enjoying learning these new techniques!