PDA

View Full Version : September 11

Staysea
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
My husband and I were talking about where we were that day. I thought I would make a page for our kids...if you want my digi layout email me...even if you don't know much about digital....

Staysea
09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Here was one I was going to use but didn't..It didn't have enough room for journaling...

illinimom
09-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Great journaling! Makes me want to journal, also.

Cass17
09-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll never forget where I was. What a good idea for a page. I think I'll do that as well.

I just still can't believe that it happened.

Staysea
09-11-2007, 05:53 PM
My mom said I need to write it down. She has a page for where she was when JFK was shot. She said she still remembers it very well, but she wanted it for us to read, and her grandchildren and great grandchildren...

jujuann
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I also remember where I was when JFK was shot and what I was doing on 9/11. I never thought to journal it for my kids. It is a brilliant idea. Your Mom had a wonderful thought.

I think you did a terrific job with that LO. My DH has a brother who works downtown NY. He was not there on 9/11 and we are thankful.

AVONCHICK
09-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Stacy, that is such a wonderful layout and such a great way to remember that tragic day. I also remember very well where i was that day and all the people that i had to get in touch with to make sure they weren't there.
You did a great job.

Angie53
09-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Your layouts are just wonderful Stacey... do you know.. even I can say where I was on Sept 11th 2001.. I was sick in bed and saw the news flash.. I stayed in bed and watched what was happening all day and had the TV tuned in for the days that followed to the USA Fox news... My heart wept for you all.. it still does. There is something I would like you all to know... we here in Australia are not near as patriotic as you all are there in the USA.. that doesn't mean we don't love our country, our flag.. etc... but one thing that burned into my mind as I watched the news on that terrible day.. "these people are so patriotic.. I take my hat off to them".
When I think of the chorus "This is the day that the Lord has made.. we will rejoice and be glad in it" I have to ask myself.. how can we rejoice in such a day like this.. then I am reminded of something my mum said to me many years ago... "Angie.. God's ways are not ours.. while there are times you may find this hard to accept.. trust HIM"

My thoughts and prayers are with you all as you relive so many painful memories.

lots of love and hugs to you all... love, Angie

Staysea
09-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Angie my son Loves the croc. hunter steve irwin. I am making a page of him this week. I had no idea we have an Aussie here.

judyjay
09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Stacy, another great lo. I did a 9/11 lo last yr. I think it's good to remember our thoughts & feelings about times like that. Those who want to forget history are those who are doomed to repeat it.

socmagmom
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Thank you Angie for your reply and your thoughts. Yes we are a patriotic country and very proud of our USA. I made my LO last year with the title of "Where were you". My kids loved it. I tucked my journaling behind photos for them to read someday, hopefully. Stacy, your LO is fantastic. Record those memories ladies for generations to come!!

carrottop50
09-25-2007, 12:46 AM
What a wonderful LO ... I remember that day all so well... My friend phone me to tell me to watch the news something terrible was going on ... I am going to give away my age here ...but I also remember the day Pres. Kennedy died also. I was in school at my locker when the principal announced it over the pa speaker. Both of those days made tears come to my eyes. My oldest grandson's birthday is on 9/11 too. I will have to do a lo of these days also... thanks for reminding me
Nancy

oniska
09-25-2007, 02:02 AM
I too remeber where I was when President Kennedy was killed and the day of 9/11. I was in the sixth grade when Mrs Sipes our other six grade teacher came in and started talking to my teacher Mrs Lewis. It looked like she was mad. She left and Mrs Lewis told us that our president had been killed.

When April 19, The bombing of Oklahoma city happened i was in bed and My mother called and said she Had felt a tremor at her house. I turned the TV on and was glued for about three days. My husband Jim volunteered at the site. He worked for the Red cross helping diplaced people that lived around find shelter and money,etc. He also guarded the victims family at a church where they were waiting for word. After about three days he had post traumitic stress break. (He had been in Viet Nam) He got to work with the govenors wife and at one of the ceramonies he got to shake President Clintons hand.

The friday before 9/11 Jim and I had started on a trip of a lifetime. We were going in Tenn. and then go up to Virginia and spend about 10 days around Washington DC. and surrounding states. On Monday the day before 9/11 we had went to see Dollywood. the Next mornig we got up early and packed the car. I had layed down to nap before we went. Jim woke me Up and told me to get up and watched. I saw it just befor the first tower came down. We just stared and stared as if it was sureal. We had to do something, the town was hosting a big oldies Car show and auction and the rooms were rented. We went to the liitle shops that had a chrismas shop, toy store etc. We were in shock we still didn't know what we were to do. We were suppose to be up in Washington DC on Thursday. In one of the shops somebody remarked about the people shopping. I politely told him we didn't have anywhere to stay. We finnaly found a hotel where somebody had cancelled tues and Wed. So we stayed and On thursday we went To Cherokee N. Carolina for about two days. Then We went Home, knowing that we would never be the same.

crafty grandmommie
09-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Dalene, you and I must be about the same age. I too can remember the day JFK died and I believe I was in sxith grade also. We were on the playground playing when we heard it and it profoundly affected me. The next big event that I remember so well was the day the Challenger space shuttle exploded. I happened to be at home from work that day because I had a sick child and was watching the TV when it happened.

Then, 9/11 - I worked at a large church and there was a TV in my office that we used for live feed to the worship center. When we were told something was happening, we stayed glued to the TV all day. I don't think anyone worked that day and no one cared. I can remember so well the feeling when out of the corner of my eye I saw that second plane fly straight into the tower. I can't imagine what the people there went through that day, family, friends, victims, rescue workers.....

If we could only get back the feeling of "oneness" that seemed to be there right after this happened. How soon we forget.

jujuann
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Ladies, on the day that JFK was killed, I was Teaching 3rd grade in Fl and had to tell my students. Our principal played the live broadcast over our PA for the students to hear.

On 9/11, I was at work at the local Social Security office and we were told about what happened and just after the 2nd tower came down our clients were ushered out of the office and we were locked down. This was in NC. My DH and I were leaving town on the 12th for one of our military reunions and we were unsure if it was going to be held. Since we were driving we were told to go, but those who were flying could not get out. So we sat at the reunion and discussed it and our planned trip to Cape Kennedy and tour was cancelled as it was locked down to visitors. (reunion was in Orlando, FL)

The year after the Challenger, I helped my 7th grade son do a science project on the explosion. Can you believe that son is 33 now.

It is amazing that this country seems so split by issues, but when a disaster happens, the patriotism jumps right back in the forefront and we begin to pull together.

oniska
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
judy you had some hard tasks to do .I can only imagine how you felt. Let us pray that we do not have to go through it again

Ms. G
10-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Good Morning,

I am extremely moved by all of your stories. My memories of the Challenger exploding was the first for me, the first bombing at the WTC, the death of Princess Diana, Mother Superior, Oklahoma and then 911. All are very grievous for me.

I not only pray for our people, soldiers, and country, but our planet most impotantly and everyone on it. I know I will never probably see a unified planet in my lifetime. But I can only hope one day. One day for my niece and nephews, one day for out future.

Yolanda
http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

luvstoscrap
10-03-2007, 06:58 AM
that is so true and bueatufilly said.