PDA

View Full Version : FPS FLOWERS

Angie53
06-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi ladies..
I'm sorry I've been quiet of late.. I've had a lot to do and now the newsletter is almost due so I'll be busy doing that.. however.. I thought you might like to see some of the latest flowers I've been making.

These are Poppies.. they are NOT attached to this card.. in fact I doubt they'll even go on this card but it was as good a place to put them to take a photo..

Angie53
06-22-2007, 09:03 AM
These are some little flowers that are made like you'd do for the 'agapanthus'.. I liked the look and included some in Katy's card.. they are what I call 'filler' flowers..
Once you make your main flower.. sometimes it's good to have smaller flowers to complete your layout..

Angie53
06-22-2007, 09:06 AM
And flowers.. well YOU tell me what they are!! I made these up and when I showed my hubby the ivory coloured one he asked me what it was and I said "oh it's a weed.. although it should be yellow to be the week I had in mind" he laughed and said it looked like a carnation.. and asked me to make one in red.
I'm still working on this concept and so far it's proving to be a good basis for quite a few flowers.

love ya all... Angie

nanamsc
06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
yes angie, they do look like carnations. it's still hard for me to believe that these flowers are made out of paper. thanks for sharing and remember to take care of YOU. oh and tell tshina that i got a new kitty. my dd gave me him for my birthday.

tlc3plus
06-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Great flowers... I can just smell them.

Clarinda

tallulah1
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh Angie - these are wonderful!!!
Love them, Janelle

mommaidwf
06-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Beautiful flowers Angie. They look so real!

luv2craft
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Angie: Your poppies are absolutely beautiful.

Quick question -- on the card you sent to Katy, it had a shadow box appearance on the front, but then the second picture looked like it was the inside of the card. Was there a plastic sheet or something to give the shadowbox appearance - or was I just totally out of it the day I looked at it - lolol http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Dawn in Milan

Angie53
06-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Dawn.. the second picture she took was of the card only... the first was of the card inside the box.
I box all my special cards.. I cut a shape in the lid and put a sheet of acetate behind it. Sometimes it's hard to get a good picture because the flash causes glare but thats what I do..

love.. Angie

luv2craft
06-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Now that makes sense - what a wonderful way to present your beautiful cards! I thought it was a shadow box and that it looked great! As they say, it's all in the way something is presented!

Dawn

Sheri
06-24-2007, 02:56 PM
so very pretty...that's amazing work...TFS...The work shows more care than a store bought flower

Dianacraftstoo
06-25-2007, 08:43 PM
What beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing!

Diana

Gypsy
06-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Your flowers are awesome, I especially like the poppies.

Bardie
06-29-2007, 06:53 AM
They are do good. I love them.

Carli'sGrandma
06-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Beautiful work!

I can't wait to get my first newsletter Angie, I hope you remember to add me to the list.

TFS your awesome art with us.

Donna http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cali4niaGirl
06-29-2007, 09:13 AM
These, and your other flowers, are just incredible!! I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone do such lovely, life-like things with paper! Bravo, Angie!!

sbartist
07-07-2007, 10:24 AM
My gosh Angie - even your 'weeds' are beautiful!

jujuann
07-07-2007, 02:09 PM
All the flowers are lovely and hard to tell from the real ones. I love the way you box them so they don't get crushed.

AVONCHICK
07-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Angie WOW, these are fabulous. The poppies look soo real and the "Carnations" are awesome. Love the idea of the Filler Flowers as well.

Angie53
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
You are all so encouraging.. I hope you know that.

I was just thinking about when I will have the next class.. I know I said last week I was postponing for one week but that week is just about up and I've had things happen this week and haven't prepared for it but I am going to see how my day goes today and if I can I'll prepare something.. HOWEVER.. unless something comes up which is not likely, but HEY.. who knows!? I shall be here tomorrow in the chat room if for no other reason to at least chat with you all about the next lesson and answer your questions.
I wanted to have some little video clips done but that hasn't happened yet. Well it's only 10am Sunday here.. so I will post a message tonight my time (which will be Sunday morning your time) to let you know exactly what will be happening. Sorry I've been such a pain.

love ya.. Angie

Penster (pjwlee)
07-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Angie,
1st of all your talking about a friend of mine....you are not a pain....you are so kind to take the time to show us anything. so knock that talk off.....we are all so thanksful for any help you give us.
Love to you and Tshina.
Penny

Angie53
07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks Penny.. you're all so good to me.

You know.. the other day someone asked me.. (thinks) I think it was Janelle.. how to pronounce my cats name.. and I've never thought of it before but for those who only SEE her name.. it must be confusing how it's said.. so.. her name is TSHINA but it is pronounced SHEENA. http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I didn't name her.. I got her when she was just over a year old and obviously already named.. I was so delighted with her name I wouldn't have changed it even though I could have. Had I got a kitten.. I was going to call it Millie.. but can you imagine Miss Tshina as Millie? oh for goodness sake.. it wouldn't have suited her at all.

love to you all.. Angie

tallulah1
07-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes it was me! And no - she definetly is not a Millie!!!!!
Is her suitor still calling?
Janelle

bitaglitz
07-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Ohmy, Angie!!!

I just decided to snoop through all these posts on your flowers and I am utterly amazed. I would love to try my hand at them but am afraid that I will fall in love with the process and get no more scrap booking finished!!!

The red 'carnation' would be outstanding in a periwinkle blue and then it would look so much like an agapanthus. Put the agapanthus blossom with a long lily leave and you would have the plant imitation! IF you try this will you PM me so that I will be sure to see it? Thanks!

(Oh, and I posted a new thread about the family tree ideas. I think that I am going to do an album with a page dedicated to each person culminating with a regular family tree graph at the end. But, when you have the time after your floral class, I would still love to hear your ideas on the subject.)

Judy

Angie53
07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Yes Janelle.. that wretched black cat is still trying to get at her.. some nights he sits outside the front porch calling for her to come out. I must send you a photo of how our front porch is set up. It's all enclosed with a sort of heavy gaged wire mesh.. so there is no way she can get out or any other cat get in, unless of course they have a key to the security door (laugh) Tshina has her cat tree out there and her tunnel.. plus various toys.. her chair with a cushion on it.. so it's become her own playroom.
There is a little cat door my hubby has installed so she can come and go as she pleases, however, I do close it off at 10.30pm and open it at 6am.. cant have my girl becoming a 'lady of the night' http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
She's such a little flirt.. when that cat is about.. whether he's outside a window or on the otherside of the porch.. Tshina just sits and grooms herself.. and no matter how much he jumps about.. she just ignores him.. or does she? I wonder?! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Judy I am intrigued by your ideas and will give it some thought.. and may try it. However.. I WILL do a couple of the these flowers in some periwinkle blue.. it's definetly one of my favourite colours.. I'm not sure when I can do them because I seem to be so far behind but when I do I'll send them to you.. so if I don't already have it.. EMAIL me your home address..
While on this note.. ladies I know I am always saying this but I AM trully sorry I'm so behind.. I have been forcing myself to take a break and it's been good for me.. I'll get back on track real soon.. I promise.

love ya all... Angie

sprout
07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what flower this punch might make? I bought a long time ago (it was on clearance) and I don't remember if it said what it was or not. Just thought it was interesting.
Carol

Dianacraftstoo
07-13-2007, 06:03 PM
I really don't know but I will print it out and show it to the lady at my LSS and she will know.
Or you might try looking it up under the company name and see what they call it. Just a thought.

Diana

sprout
07-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Think the company is out of business but I'll try.

Angie53
07-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi Carol..
This punch is sold by Frantic Stamper and seems to come under the heading of punches by "Punch Bunch" but I'm not too sure about that because the 'Punch Bunch' people don't have it on their website.. however.. why not email Fran at Frantic Stamper and ask her.
The flower these petals are supposed to make is the SNAPDRAGON... I'm rather intrigued with it and perhaps I might email you and get you to punch some for me (I'll pay you of course) and then I'll TRY to make up a flower.. anyway.. I'll be in touch with you soon.. I've had a shocking few days and today I've been climbing the wall in pain.
If you want to see you punch at the site I mentioned.. here is the page it is on....
http://www.franticstamper.com/punch_bunch.htm

Hope this helps.. be in touch soon.

love...Angie

Angie53
07-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Oh.. one other thing.. Diana.. I'm not sure if you know this or not.. and please do not think I'm trying to be a 'know it all' but all too often the name on the punch is NOT necessarily the name of the manufacturer or published (for want of a better word).. What I have been told happens is that some of the bigger retailers of punches.. eg. All Night Media, will buy punches and when ordering will have their logo printed on them.. so unless they are a big well known company like CARL.. they may not be the OWNER of the punch. It's amazing how many punches that about.. one has to wonder who really does design them http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
By the way my friend.. I MUST catch up with you.. how are your flowers going?

love ya.. Angie

Misty
07-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Beautiful flowers, thanks for sharing your creations.

Misty