PDA

View Full Version : Make clipart out of Coloring Pages

Staysea
10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Here I go I hope I went step by step and didn't leave anything out call me out if I did.

Staysea
10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Next..see taffys post on this board for more info

Staysea
10-11-2007, 04:26 PM
next

Staysea
10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Fill the rest of the pumpkin...depending on how you are going to use it...You can turn the white background to a transparent...

Staysea
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Here is my pumpkin. I am going to use for an avatar or something....not sure...If you have any suggestions let me know...I was just getting started and this is how I did it...It took me forever to figure this out so I thought I would share ignore me if you already know this stuff I am excited becasue I just figured it out...OH if you have microsoft publisher you can do the same thing...

crafty grandmommie
10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Love the plaid pumpkin. Now if you want to use it as a paper pieced pattern, just cut each individual thing out (leaf, pumpkin, stem, etc.). Make sure you extend the area a little where you will be joining the pieces. This gives you some really good dimension for a scrap book page.

Taffy
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
that's very sweet!! thanks for sharing! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crafty grandmommie
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Stacy, another way to do this would be to proceed as you have done. Take your magic wand and select the pumpkin area. Then copy your orange plaid and choose edit, paste into. You can do this for all the pieces and it's pretty quick. You can still move those layers around until you merge the layers or flatten the layers.

oniska
10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Stasea and the girls there is a pumpkin challange that lookes very easy it is at

http://karaperriendesigns.blogspot.com/

She provide you with the pieces and you paper them and put them togather and she will put it on her website. It is in pieces so you cand print them of and paper piece

Staysea
10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I saw the pumpkin challange that is what inspired this..I did do it I just didn't like the way it came out. My purpose was to inspire others to make thier own emblishments or whatever the way others have inspired me. Sometimes something looks hard until we try..

and Lynn you inspired me to play with your strawberry short cake design...and your instructions with the magic wand is great I have done that to remove the white background and make the background transparent...

here is another...I left the artist name to give credit it was a freebie but ...well you know..

oniska
10-11-2007, 06:36 PM
stacy do you have the strawberry shortcake withoutthe background and in png. Can I have one thanks Dalene

crafty grandmommie
10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Oniska, the .png's are easy to work with, but until I started the digi scrapping, I had never heard of pngs, so we had to use our .jpg's to place wherever we wanted. In order to do this, you would use your magic wand to select the white outside the design - then you would select inverse and cut the graphic out of the design to place onto something else without having the white background - Does that make sense?

crafty grandmommie
10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Stacy - Jolly Halloween is cool.

oniska
10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
It makes sense except I have a little problem that there is a little white on the side and it takes it out.. I have a little trouble with little work when I have to hold my mouse long or have to move it slow because of the RA. But I will try thanks for the info. I am so proud of the girls for making paper and the tutorials and embleshments

Dalene

Staysea
10-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Dalene I here you I hate fine detail work with my mouse to remove the white space. DO you have photoshop there is this filter that is real easy to remove a background You hit
Filter/Extract It will pop up its own little window...

then you use the highlighter tool around the edges...You don't have to be perfect but don go on the inside of the pumpkin stay as much as you can on the black line...

Then fill the area with the paint bucket and hit okay and viola you have a clear background...

I also use pngs...

crafty grandmommie
10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Stacy, I have already told Dalene, and you probably already know it, but I learned something new last night when trying to change the Strawberry Shortcake pattern to a png file for Dalene.

As I told her, I had never heard of .png files until I started playing with the digi scrapbooking, so don't know a lot about them. I tried to change the file to a png from a psd and a jpg and it would not give me the option. After getting a little frustrated and searching for what I might be doing wrong, I found that I had created my file in cmyk 8 bit color and in order to save a file as a png, it has to be rgb 8 bit color.

Just a tidbit of info in case you didn't know it.