PDA

View Full Version : Tool idea for Floral work

Angie53
11-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi ladies..
Tool alternatives has been a constant source of conversation for some time. It's all very well for me to point out which tools you need to do floral work but the availability is another thing. Things are not the same in the USA as they are here and I am sure vice versa.
Today I learned of a new idea which I really love and just couldn't wait to share it with some of you.
Remember this tool kit?

Angie53
11-03-2007, 11:08 PM
When I was asked about this I said it was fine but you would still need to get a DEET tool.. well now all you need to add to this tool kit is a simple DARNING NEEDLE....

Angie53
11-03-2007, 11:10 PM
which will turn your tool into as good a DEET tool as you could get. I prefer this one because darning needles are made out of stainless steel where the DEET is just steel and can rust or get little burrs on the end... put your darning needle into where you'd put the blade or embossing tools and this is what you'll get!

Angie53
11-03-2007, 11:11 PM
if you keep the darning needle in the tool kit you'll always have it on hand and seeing it's only the pointed end you use on a DEET... you've got the whole tool kit in one..

Angie53
11-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I know it's not everything you will need.. but the above tools are what is needed to mould/shape your petals and leaves.
Of course you will still need scissors and tweezers but most of us have those already in our tool supplies.
I have a lot more tools that this that I use when making my flowers but with the above I could get by.
Hope this helps some of you.. it does me. I tried it out today and found that it was just so smooth to use and I can buy a packet of darning needles for about $2... so if I lose one.. no probs.. just use another.

hugs.. Angie

Dianacraftstoo
11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks Angie, I will look into this kit cause I like the nice box it comes in. A darning needle go figure! Only you would think of this.LOL Thanks

Diana

Angie53
11-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Actually Diana.. I think a tapestry needle is what I meant. It's the one that doesn't have a real sharp point to it. The one I used was terrific and I am going to keep mine with the needle in it so I have it on hand. The deet is one tool, as you will know by now, that you need nearly all the time.
Come to think of it.. you know.. my tool caddy is going to have a bit of a change... still the same tools I have been using but I am going to keep all my embossing tools and a few others I had in other places.. I'll talk to you about this in more detail another time.

love ya... Angie

CraftyB
12-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Looks like a nice kit- stores everything where I could find it. Now my question is what is the name of the kit and where do I get it? Thanks for the help once again.

-Brenda-

Dianacraftstoo
12-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Brenda, I got mine at my LSS. But I do know that Frantic Stamper sells them also. But if you have a lss ask them to order it for you.

Diana