PDA

View Full Version : cameras

sashand
09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
ok, so i'll be in the market for a new digi camera soon, shhh, don't tell my hubby, he says i dont need one, but the way i see it, i'm due... that's a different post...

so, who has what and how do you like it? what's the megapix, pic quality, shutter speed/lag time... all the good stuff...

sashand
09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
ok, so i'll be in the market for a new digi camera soon, shhh, don't tell my hubby, he says i dont need one, but the way i see it, i'm due... that's a different post...

so, who has what and how do you like it? what's the megapix, pic quality, shutter speed/lag time... all the good stuff...

ziggyeor
09-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey Sasha,

I'll have to check later. Hubby's asleep and the camera's in the bedroom. I know it's a Fuji and about 400 bux. My pictures sometimes are fuzzy but that's mostly user error. It can take really excellet pics if you got the settings correct.

Ziggy

mommaidwf
09-22-2006, 05:24 AM
The one I have is an older model Olympus/Olympia. I don't have it in front of me, lol. It doesn't have much mp, and it takes a few seconds from the time you push the button to the time it actually snaps the pictures. But when you get it right the pictures come out good.

sashand
09-22-2006, 05:34 AM
your olympus sounds like the one i have, which was handed down to us by my MIL, only 1.3 megapix... they pics seem ok, until you go to have them printed.... when i asked why they look so bad, they said that it was probably the megapix, well, when i was told that at first, i had no idea, i just thought, well, ok, but then i had more printed at a much later date, asked again, i was really frustrated by it at this point, and they told me the same thing, got home, looked at the camera and found that it's only 1.3 megapix, so then i told my DH that we needed a new one, to which he has protested, saying i just got a new digital camcorder for chistmas that can take pics and i have a digi camera, the 1.3 megapix one, so, out of frustration, and since i work for his company without compensation, i think i am due a new camera.... it's just finding the right one at the right price....

quadmom
12-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Canon Digi Rebel all the way!

The Nikon D70 is at the top too!

GL finding a camera for youself...or as a gift.

Cindy

Tqmnurse
12-30-2006, 03:12 PM
love my canon digi rebel

Cindy
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM
My daughter has a Canon Rebel XTi and the way I lust after it MUST be a sin!

...Cindy

Jamijo
01-05-2007, 04:12 AM
I have the canon digi rebel and love it. I need to learn how to use it. I have had it since mothers day and I am still learning. Well lets say I am a beginner but LOVE it.

quadmom
01-05-2007, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamijo:
I have the canon digi rebel and love it. I need to learn how to use it. I have had it since mothers day and I am still learning. Well lets say I am a beginner but LOVE it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly don't use my camera to it's full potential! I need to take a class one day...SOON.

scrapsoftime
01-26-2007, 01:25 PM
i have the HP photosmart E317... its a 5 megapixel and it does good pictures if your hands are steady which mine arent... and the lag time stinks bigtime... but all in all its a good camera.

Cindy
03-27-2007, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cindy:
My daughter has a Canon Rebel XTi and the way I lust after it MUST be a sin!

...Cindy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY!!! Hubby got me my very own Canon Rebel XTi and it's as wonderful as I thought it would be!

...Cindy

Jenna
03-30-2007, 06:23 AM
I have a Fujifilm S5100 and I love it. It's now priced very economically at around $300. It's features are comparable with digital SLR cameras and the picture quality is amazing. It has both manual features as well as great automatic settings, so it is very easy to use. With a few additional lenses and filters you will be ready to "go pro"!! I've done multiple photo shootings both indoors and out and my clients are always pleased. Good luck!
~Jenna

stackersmrs
05-12-2007, 08:12 PM
my DH has the 7000 fuji and he loves it. I recently purchased the NIKON D50 and so love it. love the fact that my lenses can be used from my N65 (which I just sold)

luv2craft
05-13-2007, 08:13 AM
On the Canon Rebel's, can you take pictures using the LCD screen or do you strictly have to use the view finder?

doobie
05-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Tell hubby that you can write off the camera as a business expense, use it to do a couple of things for the business, and then keep it. Doobie

ziggyeor
05-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I've got the Fujifilm 3800. Anyone know how to change shutter speed? I had a lot of blurry pics because the daycare kids were moving.

Ziggy

Auburngirl
05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
My hubby just bought me the Nikon D40 for Mother's Day. LOVE IT!! Not sure about all the specs, but it takes fabulous pics! I've just been using it on auto focus and point and shoot. WOW! Love this camera!

Cindy
05-20-2007, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luv2craft:
On the Canon Rebel's, can you take pictures using the LCD screen or do you strictly have to use the view finder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Rebel XTi is a single lens reflex camera like the 35mm SLR film cameras. You look through the viewfinder to frame your picture.

It is not a PhD (push here, dummy) camera. You can go from full auto to any of a combination of: shutter preferred, aperature preferred, and manual focus. I LOVE mine. There is no lag between when you push the shutter button and when the shutter actually opens so you don't get a shot of where the action happened just a second ago http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. It also reduces the incidence of camera movement blurriness.

It is perfect for the kind of photography I do (advanced amateur). It may be too much camera for people who want to point and shoot non-moving objects.

With my XTi and Photoshop 7 I can do almost anything!

...Cindy

Taffy
05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I'll have to check what kinda camera i have.. http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i love it though.. i've had since last July and i'm learning all the tricks of it! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Teresa
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I have an Olympus Stylus 600...6.0 Megapixel, with 26 shooting modes, 15x total seamless zoom. I love the fact that the screen on it is big. I still thank my DH for buying it for my birthday http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

luv2craft
05-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I love my old canon 35 mm with all of its lenses. I loved to use it manually and all the "extras" it offered, but I was a little surprised that with the new Canon Rebel that you could not use the LCD screen and shoot manually.

Cindy, as far as the "push here dummy", some people prefer a simplier camera and can get just as good of pictures as those who consider themselves an "advanced amateur".

I was just hoping that with the technology that has come so far with digitals cameras (mine is over 5 years old and my Canon 35 mm 25+ years old), I was hoping that the new Canons would have that feature with the manual mode and LCD.

But, if have to choose between a new digital with the ability to change lenses or just using the LCD, I would probably opt for the lenses. Just a little disappointed you can't have both.

Stamp Queen
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Canon Powershot A530! Gotta luv it!

Cindy
05-25-2007, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luv2craft:
I love my old canon 35 mm with all of its lenses. I loved to use it manually and all the "extras" it offered, but I was a little surprised that with the new Canon Rebel that you could not use the LCD screen and shoot manually.

Cindy, as far as the "push here dummy", some people prefer a simplier camera and can get just as good of pictures as those who consider themselves an "advanced amateur".

I was just hoping that with the technology that has come so far with digitals cameras (mine is over 5 years old and my Canon 35 mm 25+ years old), I was hoping that the new Canons would have that feature with the manual mode and LCD.

But, if have to choose between a new digital with the ability to change lenses or just using the LCD, I would probably opt for the lenses. Just a little disappointed you can't have both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOps!

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I used to use my Canon SLR film cameras and when I switched to digital I was annoyed by the shutter lag and the lack of manual options.

As far as good pictures go...it certainly is possible to take wonderful photographs with a point and shoot camera and if that is the kind of photography that appeals to you then a point and shoot is the perfect camera for you. I prefer SLRs but that doesn't make one "good" and the other "bad"...I'm glad there are options so each of us can find a good fit!

...Cindy

blu
05-26-2007, 06:08 AM
I have the Kodak Z7590 easyshare! Has 10x zoom, 5mp. I love it! It is easy to use and the quality of the photos is great!

stackersmrs
05-28-2007, 08:59 AM
the digital SLR's have no lag at all, they are like shooting your regular SLR.