PDA

View Full Version : Purple Cows 2 in 1 paper trimmer

Cass17
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Now that I've gotten to try this for a while I have to say that I think it's awesome. I wasn't sure at first because I was a little confused on how to measure with it. It's set up different than my fiskars trimmer. What I love about the rotary cutter half is that it holds the paper down so it can't slip out and that way you get a really straight cut. Also, little fingers can't get in it which is great with my 3-year old around. The other side you can also hold the paper down, but it doesn't lock it in place like the rotary side. The guiloteen (sp?) bar locks, too, for safety and cuts very straight. It is also a nice feature that the two sides separate so you can take the rotary side with you to a crop or wherever. I definetly recommend this trimmer - it's the best one I've tried.

mommaidwf
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing your review with us. It sounds really neat. Any idea how much it retails for?

Cass17
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I think it's about $70 suggested retail, but I've seen it a lot lower online. I can't recall which sites. I think Joanns sells them online, too.

LuLu
04-23-2007, 11:49 AM
My sister has one and she loves it. I was with her when she bought it; I was a little skeptical and I passed on it. I think she got a good deal. I'm kicking myself.

akgrniz
04-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I was just looking at getting a new trimmer, I have just the fiskars trimmer with the swing arm. It works but I want something better. I will have to look into prices and if anyone has one in town.

Tahanks for sharing!!

LuLu
04-24-2007, 07:25 AM
I was wondering... does the Purple Cow cut a true 90 degrees? It seems that my fiskars doesn't. I also have a Carl rotary. It's a little better at 90 degrees but I think it's a little off.

Cass17
04-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Mine has cut fine so far. My fiskars seems to sway along the line so it may be straight starting out, but then flares out a little near the end of the cut. This one has like a grip that locks the paper down and then you cut and then you have to unlock it to let the paper out. That's on the rotary side. The other side is just like a regular guiloteen (sp?) cutter. It doesn't have an actual blade.
The rotary also has a perforator and a wavy cutter that you can put into it very easily. I also have the Purple Cows Laminator/Trimmer and the Freestyle which I haven't played enough to give a review. I won them all.

andypandy47
04-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Just FYI - Joann's online has this on sale for $49 plus another 20% off with an online only coupon. If you are in the free shipping club, it's a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, I'm not so it's another $10 for shipping.

So I think I'll keep looking for a new paper trimmer...

Andrea

Cass17
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
They need to do something about the shipping costs. I would order so much more online if shipping was more reasonable.

tlc3plus
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I had heard about this product but guess I never saw a good picture of it. I liked what I saw!! I went on line at Joann's it was on sale and I got 20% of one item so it was $24.?? and shipping but when you live where I do and no stores it's worth the gas...LOL.

Can't wait till it comes in. I love my cutter but have needed to up grade so I hope this is what I'm wanting. It's one of the basic tools I use on every lo.

Thanks for the info.

Clarinda

Cass17
05-01-2007, 06:09 PM
and with the price of gasoline these days it may pay to just order.
The only thing that I don't like about the purple cow products is that the directions aren't very good. The freestyle cutter directions really stink. Can't decide if I like that product.

CreativeMemoriesTexas
05-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Creative Memories has several trimmers to choose from. My favorite it the "personal trimmer". It is so convenient for cropping and measuring right in your lap. It has a storage drawer for shape cutters or pictures, etc.

They also have a straight and design trimmer available. The trimmers have locking bars and are easily stored for quick usage.

To view the trimmers see:
www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe (http://www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe)

Look under the products section. They are priced under $20.00 and replacement blades can be ordered.

Thanks for looking. Happy Scrapping. Cynthia

CreativeMemoriesTexas
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CreativeMemoriesTexas:
Creative Memories has several trimmers to choose from. My favorite it the "personal trimmer". It is so convenient for cropping and measuring right in your lap. It has a storage drawer for shape cutters or pictures, etc.

They also have a straight and design trimmer available. The trimmers have locking bars and are easily stored for quick usage.

To view the trimmers see:
www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe (http://www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe)

Look under the products section. They are priced under $20.00 and replacement blades can be ordered.

Thanks for looking. Happy Scrapping. Cynthia

Anyone interested in CM trimmers can receive a 10% discount. Please email me as I am placing an order on Saturday, June 2nd.
Cynthia