PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling really sad...

Cass17
05-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I took my kids to the annual Radnor Hunt horse race today. It's a really big event here. Large companies are sponsors and have catering companies, etc. Anyway the second race was almost finished and right in front of us, probably 40 feet away, right after a jump one horse fell and tripped another, a few went down like dominoes. The last one actually tumbled. I saw the first jockey get hit several times by other horses...it was a mess. The jockeys ended up getting up and walking away, but the poor last horse didn't make it. They put up screens and used a pully to drag him into a truck. I'm pretty sure he died instantly. I couldn't even stay for the rest of the race. I can't stop thinking about it.

Cass17
05-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I took my kids to the annual Radnor Hunt horse race today. It's a really big event here. Large companies are sponsors and have catering companies, etc. Anyway the second race was almost finished and right in front of us, probably 40 feet away, right after a jump one horse fell and tripped another, a few went down like dominoes. The last one actually tumbled. I saw the first jockey get hit several times by other horses...it was a mess. The jockeys ended up getting up and walking away, but the poor last horse didn't make it. They put up screens and used a pully to drag him into a truck. I'm pretty sure he died instantly. I couldn't even stay for the rest of the race. I can't stop thinking about it.

AVONCHICK
05-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh Cass that is SOOO Sad. that is why i never attend things like that where the poor animals get soo hurt for no reason at all. Poor Thing.....

Cass17
05-19-2007, 02:45 PM
I had to tell the kids that he went to the horse hospital, but I think he's up in horse heaven with Barbaro.

Happyscrapper
05-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Cass.....hugs for you and the kids.....that is so awful......Barb

NYScrapster
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
OOH thats so terrible. I could feel your pain and the horse's pain straight through the computer screen. Im crying now because I am almost certain that your replaying that horrible image over and over again... Cass, please if you believe in a higher concern ask for your mind to be at rest and for your kids to be able to understand. Also, for that dear horse to be at peace in Horse Heaven.

Gosh, Im so sorry that you had to witnessed that.

Tanisha

akgrniz
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
That is so awful for you and the kids you had to watch that happen. I am tearing up just reading it too! I hope you get some peace knowing he is in horse heaven.

gailteach
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I am so sorry for you and the children that had to witness such a senseless tragedy.

Please find some peace in and otherwise enjoyable day with your children and cherish those special thoughts.

Gail

jujuann
05-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Cass, You and the children are in my prayers, wishing you peace of mind. It is so hard on little ones to have to witness tragedy. As adults we realize things happen even tho we don't want to see it. So many times our little ones can't reconcile it with the world they know. I hope they don't dwell on it long, and soon begin to think of happier things.

ScrappySam
05-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh Cass, what a tragic accident. I can only imagine the trauma you and your children must still be feeling. Hugs for you (Cass) and the (kids) - ( ) are my hugs -- it's a shame and so sad when something so beautiful is taken away so quickly.... my thoughts are with you. sam

midnightangel
05-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Cass, sorry to hear about the tragedy...

bitaglitz
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Tragic things like that definitely show the stark reality of life and the consequences it has sometimes. But, if you are able, it is a good opportunity to let your kids talk about life and death and how it affects one's life. Make this a life lesson. You could discuss how it affected each of you and how you are going to chose to handle it. Make this an opportunity to bring something good from this rather than leting it take control of your emotions. Let the kids send cards of condolences to the jocky and owners of the horse...that would mean a lot to them too, iin their loss.

Judy

Atty
05-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh Cass what an awful thing to happen on what was always a special day and event. I think Judy has a wonderful idea and really feel it would benefit all concerned.
((((hugs))))) to all
Donna

Cass17
05-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone.
Judy - what a great idea...at least with DD, I think DS is too young to understand. He keeps saying "the horsy got hurt". I'll have to see if I can find out any info. on the owners and Jockey to send a card.

bitaglitz
05-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh Cass, I am so glad that you are going to try to turn this into a more positive experience. And it will help to teach your daughter to extend her feelings by touching someone else in theirs. Wouldn't it be so wonderful if the owners or jockey were to respond back to her, too!?

Judy