PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a challenge with a difference?

Angie53
08-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi Everyone..

I wonder if you would like to take on a challenge with me. This is not one of my flowers.. well not specifically but 'could' end up with one or two... anyway.. let me tell you what I was asked to do. There were in fact two things but let's just stick to the first...

I am asked to make a baby's bib.. this can then be put on the front of a card or on a scrapbook page.... here's is what was asked exactly....

"Angie.. we would like to see how you would make a baby's bib. One that can be put on a card or on a SB layout. In making this you can use only supplies you have on hand except for 'themed baby stickers' [Peel offs are ok]. When completed could you please explain the techniques you used. You can get the pattern for the bib off the net or make it up yourself. Good luck"

Well.. this has got my interest.. If any of you would like to have a go at this it would be really interesting to see what we come up with. It's a bit like a challenge once where a few of my friends were given $20 to spend in a particular craft shop (we weren't really given the money but just told that was the limit).. we then all met together afterwards to say what we got for our money.. most interesting. What we make here on SAS stays here.. I for one will not show anyone else.. only my own work. I think this can be a real learning excercise in making embellishments from the tools we have instead of running out and buying stickers and the like. I can use any cardstock, paper, ribbons, laces, punchies... anything like that.

Please.. don't feel obliged to take part in this with me but I thought it might be fun to see what we come up with... we're all so different. Do you want to have a go? Let's give ourselves (thinks) say two weeks to see what we come up with... that'll give those who are busy a chance to take part if they want. I'll have some ideas to post in one week.

Any questions... ask away.

love, Angie

Dianacraftstoo
08-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Angie this sure does sound interesting I will have to give this some thought. Thanks for telling us about this.

Diana

ziggyeor
08-24-2007, 11:19 PM
LOL hmmm you mean I have to put down Cross-stitch and work with paper! Actually my first idea was of the cross-stitch bibs I've done and seeing what I can do with paper to make the same type design http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll see if I can clean off some space and work on a swap, this and my cousin's life book http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ziggy

oniska
08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
can it be digital done.

crafty grandmommie
08-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Sounds interesting Angie - Have to see if I can make time for it.

Penster (pjwlee)
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Angie,
Sounds like fun, I'm is for this challenge.
see what we can come up with.

Angie53
08-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Oh good good good.. I don't care how you do it. One done with or representing cross stitch sounds good.. Even to do one digitally would be ok... but probably preferable to do it out of paper etc.. because that way you can utilise your tools etc. Hey.. this has got me more excited than I was.. oh.. by the way.. no one said to make only ONE (LAUGH) I know I'll do more than one.. my head is spinning with ideas that I'm sure wont fit on one bib http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks for the enthusiasm..

love ya all... Angie

mommaidwf
08-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Sounds interesting, and since I'll need a baby card for a friend in a few weeks I'm in!

crafty grandmommie
08-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I could use a baby card right now. My neice just had her first one this week. She's a couple of hours away and I can't stand it that I can't get my hands on her.

Patti Jo
08-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Challenge? Well that gives me an excuse to play instead of clean house right???!!!

Basic directions are:
Cut out circle approximately 4 1/2" across. Punch around circle (my bib ended up about 3 1/2" across after punching the edges). Used a 1 3/8" circle for neck opening.

I just bought this Winnie the Pooh punch so now can make use of it! Punched out once then punched out with a circle punch. Punched Winnie again and cut it out and popped him up on top of the other one.

Added little flowers and leaves along with marker made light stitching lines around the edges. Glued on ribbon for the tie. Attached to card!

That was fun and maybe will get a chance to try another!

Thanks for the challenge Angie...and getting me out of housework!!!

Patti Jo

crafty grandmommie
08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Very cute Patti Jo.

mommaidwf
08-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Pattie that is absolutely adorable!

ginnyathome
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
This is too cute! Did you make the flowers and leaves?

Penster (pjwlee)
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Patti,
Bravo, that is so cute. can't wait to see the others.

Dianacraftstoo
08-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Patti that is so adorable!! You did a great job with this.

Diana

Patti Jo
08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Ginny- yes, the flowers and leaves were punched and shaped.

Was going to put a layer of pink behind so the bib was edged, but couldn't find my Kurvy Kutter for the large circle! See I need to clean rather than play!

Thanks gals for the nice comments!!!

Patti Jo

Atty
08-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh that is just sooooooooooooo cute and also so
dainty. Where did u find the pooh punch?
TFS

Patti Jo
08-28-2007, 01:54 AM
We have the pooh punch at the our local stamp/scrapbook store. Made by All Night Media.

Patti Jo

nanamsc
08-28-2007, 06:57 AM
patti, that is just so darn precious. great job.

Schloglett
08-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Very cute Patti Jo and very creative! I love the whole dimension of the bib. Lisa http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bitaglitz
08-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Hey Angie,

If I can make a bit of time in my schedule, I may try to take you up on this challenge. This idea seems to be a fun one. Maybe we can keep this up with various design ideas, for the future. It would help to keep the creative juices flowing a bit!

Judy

jujuann
08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Patti that is a darling bib. I love your pink and white. The Pooh bear is too cute.

Angie53
09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh Patti... I just love your bib...
Oh I feel so bad.. I started this challenge and haven't near finished mine... I broke my wretched coccyx and cant do too much at all.
Please forgive me everyone... give me a little longer and we'll get stuck back into this.

WELL DONE PATTI...

love.. Angie

fotonana
09-04-2007, 02:13 PM
This sounds like a fun challenge. And Patti Jo, you have met the mark. Your bid is adorable!! Can I just copy yours and call it a day?? LOL
Can't wait to see them all.
Marsha

Patti Jo
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Well I certainly am enjoying the wonderful responses, but I would love to see what all of you can create too!

I haven't done much in the line of things for babies for a long time, so it was fun to pull that stage out again!

Angie-Now that sounds very painful! Do take care and recuperate quickly.

Marsha-At least change the colors!!! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif LOL

Patti Jo

Angie53
09-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Hello hello..
I wasn't going to post this here but thought seeing I issued this challenge I should at least contribute! This card has been posted in Layouts but it was originaly started as part of this challenge and the idea I had is really only half done. My intention is to start again and take my idea a little further.
Unfortunately when I was putting 'Baby BOY' on the bib I forgot that I had to heat emboss it and I had already adhered the bib to the card. The heat has buckled the vellum a little. Anyway.. the bib is blue with vellum over it. I embossed this using the Eazi Score board. I used a bit of fine braid around the edge and what appears to be lace around the outer edge is in fact little upside down 'Vs' that are the scraps you get when using a particular tile punch.
As I said.. I am going to take this idea further and when I do I'll post the results thereof!

love ya...
Angie

Angie53
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Here is a pic of the punch that used to give the lacey look arond the edge.

love.. Angie

AVONCHICK
09-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Patti, what a cute little bib. Love the Pooh Punch.
Angie As stated in the other Thread SUPER, as usual. Gonna have to give this challenge a try. Around here i could always use a card for baby. (everyone here is having little ones) Just gotta fnd some time to start scrapping again. (HMMM Maybe i should be using this quiet time to scrap instead of playing on the computer.....)

Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

bitaglitz
09-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Angie, I like using my scraps but those little 'Vs' are going overboard for me! Wow! They look great and really do lend themselves to look like lace. Your bib is darling. Could you put a little train, or puppy, or baseball and bat on the bottom of your vellum bib? Adding something like that would cover the bubbled area. This too sweet.

Judy

Patti Jo
09-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Just adorable Angie! Thanks for showing the punch for the lace too because I was looking at it trying to figure it out! Great effect!

Patti Jo

Staysea
09-21-2007, 08:06 AM
I would really like to do this...My baby is awake more and I don't have time...but here is a pp pattern I was going to use for a bib layout if anyone wants it...I have so many ideas i just might have to stay up tonight to do it....

A tear bear with a bib would be cute

http://www.cropycats.homestead.com/BabyGirl.html

Staysea
09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Okay it is not finished but here is what I came up with. to make the bib I folded a sheet double sided paper up to make a pocket at the bottom of the bib. I then folded a sheet of typing paper in half and drew a bib on half of that sheet. Used that pattern to cut out the bib you see.

I then used a paper piercer on both the edges to make it look like it was sewn. There is rick rack with small pink details on the top of the pocket. The paper I used the dots and paper piecer to make a pattern...and stiched that. The paper I had pre-done so today I just did the bib. I die cut tags and put them in the pocket. I am not sure what but I plan to journal on the tags.

Here are some other ideas for the bib..

***Lobster bib.
***Hot Wings or any food...
***baby food.(title) Mark your childs favorite baby food on the tags...(you don't have to do a photo...You could make a 2 page layout.
***Speggtii....Make it look like spegetting noodles are falling out of the pocket..
***Art apron with paint brushes and such.
***Apron and put fav. recipes in the pocket of the bib...
***wouldn't it be cute with a tear bears face poking out of the pocket
***Use the bib as a template and iris fold the center.

gotta go the baby is crying. Thanks angie you really got my mind racing with ideas...

crafty grandmommie
09-21-2007, 11:05 PM
very cute stacy

AVONCHICK
09-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Cute bib stacy.

Patti Jo
09-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Great ideas! Love the pocket and tags!!!

Patti Jo

Angie53
09-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi Stacy... I love where you're going with this bib. I have a friend who has only just started crafting and she is just sooooo excited. One of her first projects is to make a baby arrival card for her brother and sister in law who are expecting a girl very soon. I hope you and Patti Jo wont object to me showing her your bibs... I love seeing people starting out.. it gets me fired up all over again http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well done.. don't forget to show us when you're done!

love.. Angie

Staysea
09-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Show away Angie. You inspired me...so without you this layout wouldn't have been. I am going to use the page for Babys 1st food and put her first foods on the tags and maybe small photos of her eating the food. I can't wait until the day I give her spaghetti and I am going to do the same page with spaghetti...I love patti jo's bib. it is darling..

Iris folding this bib would be darling...