PDA

View Full Version : Santa's Helpers

thecountryrose
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I did the pictures of the horses with Santa hats digitally. I thought the tag in the middle of the two pictures would be exactly what they would say... if they could, lol!

thecountryrose
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
The tag says, "From our 'house' to yours- Merry Christmas", LOL!!!

illinimom
12-03-2007, 03:50 PM
LOL..this is so cute!

BTW, is this whole LO digital or just the hats on the horses? I really like the striped holly paper and wonder where you got it!

britishgirl
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I love this and i know you used scrapbookflair because i have it to and i really love that program great job

britishgirl
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by illinimom:
LOL..this is so cute!

BTW, is this whole LO digital or just the hats on the horses? I really like the striped holly paper and wonder where you got it!

illinimom the paper is a free download from scrapbookflair.com

Z-Scraper
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Sooooo nice! What a BEAUTIFUL page. You are just too smart. Great job!

Cali4niaGirl
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
VERY cute! I like those snow-capped letters and the holly prints and the photo corners!

jujuann
12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Barb, this turned out so great. I love the LO.

thecountryrose
12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by illinimom:
LOL..this is so cute!

No, the horses are 'really' wearing Santa hats. I put the hats on them and then took their pictures. The rest of the LO is digital.

It is indeed a free download from Scrapbook Flair. I forgot to mention that as I was in a hurry. The collection is called Mega Christmas Gift Collection by Debbie and Lauren. You can get it here:
http://www.scrapbookflair.com/downloadcollection.aspx?id=12

thecountryrose
12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by britishgirl:
I love this and i know you used scrapbookflair because i have it to and i really love that program great job

I actually used Scrapbook Max, but the digi kit is from Scrapbook Flair.

thecountryrose
12-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Those horses are just too darn cute. They were so funny this morning when I let them out. They have been in their stalls for two days because of bad weather. They only got out into the barn long enough for me to do their stalls. When they got out this morning they both went running through the pasture like two little kids. I LOVE to watch horses run- they are soooo beautiful! Starlight is an old lady, but Sadie is still young so she was out there bucking, lol! I saw her running when I was coming up from the barn, her mane and tail flowing behind her, she was stretched out in a run- she was gorgeous! I yelled, "WooHoo Sadie! You go girl!" When she heard me she went into a series of little bucks, lol! So cute! Gosh, I just love my horses so much (sigh).

oniska
12-04-2007, 01:37 AM
I love your horses also. I always wanted one, but doesn't every kid. You did a great job on this layout. (even though you didn't use my santa hat freebee LOL)

illinimom
12-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by britishgirl:
illinimom the paper is a free download from scrapbookflair.com

Thanks....I'll go look for it!

sbartist
12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Barb your LO turned out so cute. I can just picture your horses running around like little kids this morning, no wonder you are so proud of them and it is obvious they love you.

socmagmom
12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Much love to you Country for loving your animals so much. I can just feel your joy there in loving those horses so much. Must have been a beautiful morning for you and the horses.

thecountryrose
12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
It's funny because horses and humans can really bond with each other. Starlight will not go out in the morning until I wrap my arms around her neck and give her a hug. She really likes hugs. When my mother died two years ago I would sometimes sit on the fence near the barn and cry and Starlight would come over and lay her head on my shoulder. She would not budge until she knew I was better. She is ornery at times, but she is really a sweet, sweet girl.

She was playing a game with me tonight, I had to laugh at her. I have been cleaning the stalls lately in the evening before I put them in for the night. They are trained to stay out of the barn until I'm done, but every once in a while one of them will get ornery. I just close the gate to the barn, but I don't lock it. They will usually just stand there watching me until I'm done. Tonight I was in Sadie's stall and Star pushed open the gate and took two steps into the barn. I came out of the stall and told her to get back out of the barn. She calmly backed up out of the barn. She waited until I got back in Sadie's stall, picked up the pitchfork, mind you, she was watching me, and then she pushed open the gate again! This went on about five times and I was laughing so hard. She finally got bored with the game and quit, thankfully! Needless to say, it took me longer to get the stalls cleaned, but it was fun to play that game with her, lol!