PDA

View Full Version : Halona Blowhole

sbartist
05-10-2007, 11:52 PM
From our Hawaiian vacation - sorry the bottom got cut off when I scanned it so the word "hole" is not completely visible.

Here is the journaling:

I remember seeing Blowhole while we lived in Hawaii when I was eight years old and what I remembered seeing and hearing about it was how it was something you “had” to see. I wanted to make sure we saw it again. On our road trip with dad on Monday, he stopped at the Halona Blowhole Lookout for us. My first impression this time was, “That’s it?” It was such a disappointment from what I remember when I was a kid and Craig and Willie were similarly disappointed and wasn’t worth stopping for.

The blowhole is a natural occurrence formed by molten lava tubes from volcanic eruptions thousands of years ago. The lava tubes run to the ocean and, when the surf is right, the blowhole shoots water up to 30 feet in the air. The larger the waves, the larger the spray, this is best seen on a windy day at high tide

sbartist
05-10-2007, 11:52 PM
From our Hawaiian vacation - sorry the bottom got cut off when I scanned it so the word "hole" is not completely visible.

Here is the journaling:

I remember seeing Blowhole while we lived in Hawaii when I was eight years old and what I remembered seeing and hearing about it was how it was something you “had” to see. I wanted to make sure we saw it again. On our road trip with dad on Monday, he stopped at the Halona Blowhole Lookout for us. My first impression this time was, “That’s it?” It was such a disappointment from what I remember when I was a kid and Craig and Willie were similarly disappointed and wasn’t worth stopping for.

The blowhole is a natural occurrence formed by molten lava tubes from volcanic eruptions thousands of years ago. The lava tubes run to the ocean and, when the surf is right, the blowhole shoots water up to 30 feet in the air. The larger the waves, the larger the spray, this is best seen on a windy day at high tide

ziggyeor
05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
Wonderful! I love the curvy stuff.

Ziggy

javamom
05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
That water is so blue and your papers pick it up beautifuly! Great job as always Bonnie!

Dianacraftstoo
05-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Another wonderful LO. I agree you have picked some great papers to do your water LO's.

Diana

judyjay
05-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Very nice. I really like the colors. Your paper colors really bring out the beautiful colors in the photos.

RaRa
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
GORGEOUS layout ! what font is that on your title. I like it

Taffy
05-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I am loven your hawaii l/os!!! they're so wonderful!! I too, love hte curvy things http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Wonderful job bons.. I love your journaling! bummer you were disappointed, though. I still think it looks wonderful! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

luvscraping
05-17-2007, 04:56 AM
breath takeingly beautiful

nanamsc
05-17-2007, 06:08 AM
another fabulous layout. really love the tearing of paper and your wavy thing.

Misty
05-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Nice Job!--Beautiful photos too.

Misty

Jenna
05-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Lovely photos & great LO!

NYScrapster
05-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Bonnie, This is by far one of the best scrapbook layouts posted. I am really amazed at mother nature and how you presented it. I look forward to seeing more of your LO's.

Thanks for sharing this..

Janet
05-17-2007, 07:36 PM
This LO is gorgeous!
Did you cut out the curly things?

AVONCHICK
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Bonnie, as usual SUPER JOB, isn't it amazing how you remember seeing something as a child and it totally Amazes you, then when you go back as an adult its such a let down. Just goes to show you a childs mind is SOO wide open and makes you want to keep that outlook on life.

Leen
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I love the colors of this LO. Great Job!

jcm
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice lay-out........was this in Maui? We saw one like this on the road to Hana!
http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif