PDA

View Full Version : QOTD - 1-25-07

PaperTrails
01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
How did you get started scrapbooking? Was it your choice or did a person or event inspire you?

PaperTrails
01-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Actually my mom got me started on scrapbooking. My mom was almost killed by a drunk driver. When she started getting better about 6 months later - she said she wanted to scrapbook our childhood. Because alone pictures didn't tell everything. So, scrapbooking became her own rehabilitation at home and she spent countless hours detailing our childhood.

I had quit my job to help my dad take care of my mom. So, I helped with the rehab in town and at home. I would help crop and paste - after awhile this story of my childhood really began to develop and I was fascinated with the concept. I decided I wanted to scrapbook as well but, I didn't want to stop helping her with her project. So, one day - she came to me and said here's some beginner supplies - go work on something of your own - cause she was at the point where she wanted to do some journaling for all the pages she had done. and of course - I couldn't her her do that! I scrapped for 4 hours that day and ever since then I have been hooked!

Tell me your story - I would love to hear it!

scrapsoftime
01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Well mine started when my nephew was in 5th grade. He had to do a heritage project. He wanted to do a scrapbook. So i went and bought one of those everything you need in one box kits lol. Came with an album and everything. He and I sat down and began to make his scrapbook. It was simple but it had to look like he did it. Thats how mine began.

PaperTrails
01-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Thats a great way to start did you take pics of you two working on the project?