PDA

View Full Version : Chicken & Broccoli pie

PaperTrails
03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
In my house - I'm the chef 24 x 7. And I am always trying new recipes last night we had Chicken and Broccoli Pie (casserole). Called Pie cause it's supposed to be cooked in a pie plate. OMG it was so good! If anyone is interested I will be glad to post the recipe - once prepared which took all of about 20 minutes and cooking time - total meal done in about an hour!

Trying to Scrapbook...
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds yummy-I would love the recipe!

mommaidwf
03-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I'd love it too.

PaperTrails
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Ladies - I will post it this evening - when I get home from buying groceries!

Mamarazzi
03-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Ladies I make this and it is wonderdful.
Here is my recipe:

10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1-1/2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 onion, chopped
1-1/3 cups milk
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup baking mix
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 10" pie pan; set aside. Be sure to drain the broccoli thoroughly; combine in pie pan with the cheddar cheese, chicken, and onion.
In medium bowl combine remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into plate and bake at 400 degrees F for 25-35 minutes, until puffed and set. Top with mozzarella cheese and return to oven for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese. Serves 6

mommaidwf
03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks Mama, that sounds good! One question, by baking mix you mean like Bisquick, right?

Mamarazzi
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes I am sorry I did mean Bisquick. I have a bad habit of calling it a baking mix. Glad you caught that.
This is, it is super and quick and easy.

javamom
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
OMG! this sounds delish! thanks for sharing. http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dianacraftstoo
03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I made this tonight and it was awlsome. You have to try it. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Diana

PaperTrails
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
OMGosh I forgot to post this - I am so sorry! Mine is similar to the one above but I will post it anyway cause it is different - anyways sorry again!

PaperTrails
03-30-2007, 08:34 PM
1 package (10oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cut up cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion chopped about 1/2 cup
1/2 cup Biquick
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches. Sprinkle broccoli, 1 cup of cheese, the chicken, and onion in pie plate.
Stir remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into pie plate.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese until melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

nanamsc
03-31-2007, 02:39 AM
yep, gotta try this one. thanks for sahring

Angie53
03-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Well dear ladies..
Could someone PLEASE tell me what the heck "bisquick" is and if I cannot get it here in Australia what would I use??
You American people are very strange <runs and hides> http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I was looking at a recipe the other day that comes from your neck of the woods and it said 2 sticks of butter... now WHAT is a stick? <thinks> plenty in my back yard but somehow I don't think they are the type of sticks you mean....
Crikey... fair dinkum do you have to have such strange terms and names for things.... <LAUGH> <LAUGH>
I hope you know I am only joking.. I love you all!!! but please.. I do need to know the above http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
love.. Angie

laurat99
03-31-2007, 06:09 AM
Angie, Bisquick is a brand of baking mix that has the fat already "cut into" the flour. We Americans like quick and easy, even if it isn't good for us.
A pound of butter is divided into 4 sticks, and Tablespoons are marked on the outside of the packaged stick. Usually we measure by tablespoons, not weight. Hope this helps.

Angie53
03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Hmmm.. I am not sure we have a product such as Bisquick.. there is something called SUET and I know that has fat in it but some by looking at the recipe above I doubt it's the same thing however... I'm wondering if one of you lovelly ladies could either scan the side of the box that tells what the ingredients are or type them out.. then I could compare with this Suet.. My email is
[email protected]

I once wrote an email to Martha Stewart about the 'stick' of butter but she never responded to me.. thus.. I have scrubbed her off my Christmas Card list <laugh>

Thanks Laura.. even though our measurements are metric these days.. I'm OLD enough to know imperial measurements and tend to use them more than metric.. especially in my craft.. I much prefer inches than centimetres... much much more so.

Thanks heaps.. Angie

Mamarazzi
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Angie, check out Bisquick at this site.
Maybe this will help you.

Bisquick (http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/product_image.aspx?catID=51&itemID=1806)

Angie53
04-01-2007, 04:41 AM
Thank you Mama... you are a gentlewoman and a scholar....

love.. Angie