PDA

View Full Version : Gone To PM--Holiday-Seasonal Swap

Janice
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok I want to host my second swap on this board my first one when so well. Ok here is my idea. A holiday/Season swap. There will be groups of 13 as many as we have people to fill them. I was think that one person fills up a goodie bag of their holiday of choice for each person in their group. Here are the groups, I can add or change if someone does not celebrate it.

This can be anything in your supplies or new or homemade items. Give what you want to get. You can list what you are giving if you want to just let everyone see it when they get it. I think I got all the holidays. If people want to add more like motherís day and fathers day type holidays let me know I just tried to pick the bigger ones that always have stuff in the scrapbook stores

DUE DATE: JUNE 1, 2007

Group 1

New Years-
Valentines Day- Shaukc
St. Patrick Day-
Easter- Jo-JO
4 of July- Mommaidwf
Halloween- Janice- hostess
Thanksgiving - Jo-Jo
Christmas- Crafty Grandmommie
Birthdays- cats0116
Spring- 2girls'mom
Summer- Crafty Grandmommie
Fall - Ziggy
Winter- cats0116

Set up two groups wishful thinking. Tell me what you think. Janice

Janice
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok I want to host my second swap on this board my first one when so well. Ok here is my idea. A holiday/Season swap. There will be groups of 13 as many as we have people to fill them. I was think that one person fills up a goodie bag of their holiday of choice for each person in their group. Here are the groups, I can add or change if someone does not celebrate it.

This can be anything in your supplies or new or homemade items. Give what you want to get. You can list what you are giving if you want to just let everyone see it when they get it. I think I got all the holidays. If people want to add more like motherís day and fathers day type holidays let me know I just tried to pick the bigger ones that always have stuff in the scrapbook stores

DUE DATE: JUNE 1, 2007

Group 1

New Years-
Valentines Day- Shaukc
St. Patrick Day-
Easter- Jo-JO
4 of July- Mommaidwf
Halloween- Janice- hostess
Thanksgiving - Jo-Jo
Christmas- Crafty Grandmommie
Birthdays- cats0116
Spring- 2girls'mom
Summer- Crafty Grandmommie
Fall - Ziggy
Winter- cats0116

Set up two groups wishful thinking. Tell me what you think. Janice

Jo-Jo
03-26-2007, 06:29 PM
I dont get on this site much. but I really liked your egg swap and cant wait to get the eggs back. This is a nice idea. I love the due date. My due date is the 13 so I will have my stuff in by then. http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Can you put me down for Easter and Halloween. My bags will be a mix of stuff. some bought and some handmade. Now I have one more thing on my list before the baby comes. But this should be great for her book knock out all the holidays.

Jo-Jo

Janice
03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
wow Jo-Jo your fast I will add you in thanks.

Janice

mommaidwf
03-26-2007, 07:18 PM
OK, for now I'll take a July 4th. I may take another one, but let's see how it fills up first.

crafty grandmommie
03-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi Janice - can I do Christmas?

shaukc
03-26-2007, 11:44 PM
can i have the Valentine spot in group 1 .thanks - shauna

crafty grandmommie
03-27-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi Shauna - glad to see you here.

ziggyeor
03-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Hello Shauna! How have you been?

Ziggy

Janice
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Updated to here- If i leave someone off please tell me.

Jenna
03-30-2007, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shaukc:
can i have the Valentine spot in group 1 .thanks - shauna </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shauna,
It's nice to see you over here!! We will have to chat sometime...gotta love the chat feature!
~Jenna

mommaidwf
04-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Bumping.... anyone want to join?

Kathy V
04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi! New to this site, but this swap sounds interesting. Please explain what you do, how this works or anything a newbie needs to know to do this.

shaukc
04-11-2007, 04:54 AM
got mine all ready to mail http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mommaidwf
04-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Kathy, I'll answer for Janice because I know she's been quite busy the past couple of days. What you do is pick a holiday that is not yet taken. You would then make a baggie for each other person in your group that contains items based on the holiday that you picked. When you are done, you mail them back to Janice (she'll make a Private Message soon with her address). She will swap these out ~ you will get back one bag from all the other holidays. Hope this makes sense to you! If not, just ask!

Janice
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks Mommaidwf, Sorry ladies I have been so busy with taxes. My hubby has a small business and well... of course he is gone. And i am working on this alone and not sure what is what with out him telling me who he pays for what...get all that. so I have been stressed.

Kathy- basicly everything mommaidwf said and the items you put in the bag can be hand made, or from a store. Just give what you would like to get. so it what you feel is fair.

like I have Halloween so I was thinking about: making a few tags

and giving everyone a foot of a few different ribbons with so many in a group I feel that it is better ( and cheaper) to get a few different ribbons so a yard of ribbon- 3 different 1 foot pieces.

stickers

eyelets

things like that--- I hope that helps.

Janice

ziggyeor
04-14-2007, 07:55 AM
you know I thought I had signed up for this one. Maybe Janice was just trying to talk me into it. I was going to look through my fall things because I bought the fall stack and a few other fall things but didn't take a lot of pics and haven't done anythin with the pics I had!

LOL so put me in the fall section http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ziggy

mommaidwf
04-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Anyone else want to play with us???? http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Janice
04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I remember us chatting about it. Thanks for joining us Ziggy.

Come on people this should be fun... Anyone else.

Just think you could get stuff for every holiday and get all those pages done. You would be able to do a year of pages with just one swap or use the stuff on cards. Remember does not have to be store bought, you dont have to give everyone the same items as long as it fit with your group. incase you dont have 13 Easter tags or the same color items. Hope that helps.

Janice

mommaidwf
04-20-2007, 09:26 AM
BTT.....

cats0116
04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I would love to sign up for your swap Group 1--Birthdays & Winter will work for me.

mommaidwf
04-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Janice, any idea when you're going to close and go to pm?

2girls'mom
04-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Hopefully I'll be able to catch this swap next time, the due date is a little too close for me this time. Have fun!

Janice
04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I can move back the due date if more people want to join... hint hint Melissa

Thanks for joining cats0116

what about June 1st as a due date?....

any more takers.

Janice
04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry going to to send to PM on April 25.

Please the more the merrier.

Janice

2girls'mom
04-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok if it's OK with everyone to make it due June 1st, I'll take spring.

Oh wait! One more question, will you take Canadian cash or PayPal for return postage? It's just way too difficult for me to get a money order or US $$.

Thanks!

ziggyeor
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
That's fine with me http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Then I can take it to do some more in May if I get stuck http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Ziggy

Janice
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I can do the Canadian cash. I can add it to my foreign money that my hubby and i have from all over the world...but never been to canadahttp://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sounds good i will add you in.

Thanks for joining. Janice

2girls'mom
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Great! Thanks a bunch Janice http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Janice
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I will take this to PM tonight.... Any more takers??? We have 4 spots open!!! Anyone else ready to try a swap????

Thanks Janice

cats0116
04-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Please forward your address as I'm ready with my swap items for the holiday-seasonal swap.
Thanks.
cats0116

crafty grandmommie
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Janice, would you mind changing me from Christmas to Summer if it is still available? Actually, why don't you put me down for both.