PDA

View Full Version : Scrappy question for Jan. 7 Thursday

Cyndi
01-07-2010, 05:54 AM
What is your favorite way to incorporate journaling into your layouts? Do you journal directly on the background, use rubber stamps with journaling lines, make journaling blocks from cardstock? Tell us what your favorite techniques are.

I havn't done enough layouts yet to need much more journaling except the date, but my handwriting is so bad that I don't think that I would write directly on the page. Too afraid that I'll mess it up.

ScrappySam
01-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I journal on every page and use my puter. Whatever I've incorporated to journal on, just gets printed on puter.

laurat99
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
If it's a lot of journalling, I'll do it on the computer. If I'm really on the ball, I'll do more than one LO's j'ing on a single piece of paper. Most times I score lines with my bone folder or stylus and write directly on the paper or make a j'ing box. If I write on the LO, I get it done faster and I don't have to fool with the computer.

sbartist
01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
No one would be able to read my handwriting (myself included), so I use the computer to journal so I can change up the fonts and size. While working on vacation scrapbooks, I pretty much do a page (or two) of journaling for each day and I print directly onto my background paper. If I am making a journaling block, it might be on a scrap of paper or vellum dependent upon the LO itself.

Iowa
01-07-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm not a big into journaling... But I especially like to use my rubber stamps with journal lines... and I use the computer as well.

I have some journaling blocks but somehow never use them. LOL...

QuesMom
01-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Well...I have alot of journaling stamps...I just need to do the layouts to journal on!

coriander
01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I journal every page, even if it's a sentence or two... just enough to recall the moment.
I journal in all the ways you mentioned, depending on my whim, and the LO.

britishgirl
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I hardly ever journal but i do write on the back of my LO's names dates what is happening on the LO. I guess i am just not a great fan of Journaling

ginnyathome
01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I do some journaling for every layout, even if it's just a small amount. I have never used a journaling stamp (don't have any and rarely stamp anyway). Mostly I print directly on the cardstock or print on a block I've made. Sometimes I do use vellum. I rarely hand write but have done it once or twice if I can't figure out any other way to get the journaling where I want it.

tlc3plus
01-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Nope no journaling here!! I title, and date... some times who, what, where, why. Other wise I will write on back...I do sign my name and when I do the lo... I have been writing more on the back about what is taking place on the front or what I can remember ... you all have laid a guilt trip on me!

Clarinda

Cass17
01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I do it all different ways - depends on the layout. I've been using a lot of journaling strips lately and using pop dots to adhere them to the layout for added dimension. Sometimes I print directly on 12x12 cardstock, but that means I've already figured out the layout in photoshop completely (almost a digital layout sketch and then recreate it with paper). I also use journaling blocks, but the strips seem the easiest and fastest to me.

jujuann
01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I journal everything. 50 yrs from now, no one will know what the photos are all about if I don't.

I began journaling by hand 11 yrs ago, but my arthritis is getting bad and now I use the computer. Sometimes it's phrases on strips, or it's a short paragraph. I print it out on card stock, usually white or ivory, then cut it and put it on my LO.

LuLu
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I usually hand journal on a piece of CS and treat it like a picture. I print instead of writing; no one would ever be able to read my writing. I should do it more on the computer and print it out but it just seems quicker and easier just to do by hand. I have been getting lazy about my journaling, too. I'be been making it too short without a lot of the details.

gluemore girl
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I've done computer journaling and some stamped but mainly I hand write or print on a piece of ruled paper that I got from Creative Memories. I just cut the size I need and ink it a color complimentary to my layout.
I'm not sure what I'll do when I run out of it b/c they do not make it anymore.
I suppose I'll just use plain cardstock and stamp the lines...

MsGinnyS
01-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I journal something on every single layout, sometimes it's a paragraph or more, sometimes it's just a sentence, just depends on the lo. I usually handwrite, but if it's more than a paragraph or so I type it (if I feel like fighting with the computer). It all depends on my mood and the project. I used to hate handwriting on my lo's, my writing is not too bad but I always thought it could be better, but I read an article once that said you should hand write as much as possible because we are preserving memories and future generations should get to "see" as much as possible about us. This way my grandchildren and great grandchildren etc will know how I wrote. I know I love to look back at old letters my grandparents wrote. It just makes me feel closer to them. Sorry for rambling...

Ginny

ginnyathome
01-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Nope no journaling here!! I title, and date... some times who, what, where, why. Other wise I will write on back...I do sign my name and when I do the lo... I have been writing more on the back about what is taking place on the front or what I can remember ... you all have laid a guilt trip on me!

Clarinda
Clarinda - I truly believe that "just the facts, Ma'am" is journaling!