PDA

View Full Version : gift Card Ornament instructions

Cass17
12-29-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.startascrapbook.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=6046&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1261933723

I was going to make a tutorial with photos or a video, but I think the directions are really simple so I didn't need a video. The gift card in the photo above is hard to see, it's a triangle shaped card with the polar bear on it (see photo below)

1. Cut a 5" scallop circle out of cardstock (I used my Cricut on real size, scallop from Mini Monograms cartridge)
2. Cut three 4 1/4" circles out of coordinating patterned papers. (I used two of one pattern and one of another). I used one of these three to decorate the back of the cardstock since it's intended to hang on the tree rather than leaving it plain cardstock.
3. Adhere one circle on the front of the scallop circle and the other on the back. I used the circle that I cut only one of for the front and one of the other two on the back.
4. Take the third circle and cut it in half, but make one side larger than the other. This larger side will be for the pocket. The smaller part is not used.
5. Use an edge punch to create a decorative strip for the edge of the pocket.
6. Adhere the strip to the pocket piece. Do this before you adhere the pocket to the ornament. Turn the pocket over and trim off the excess decorative strip.
7. Put some foam adhesive tape around the perimeter (circular edge) only on the pocket.
8. Line up pocket to the patterned paper circle on the front of the card and adhere.
9. Add embellishments or tag to front.
10. Punch hole in top and thread some ribbon through to hang on tree. I made one where I added some ribbon sandwiched between the circle pp and the cardstock instead of punching a hole. Both ways work fine.

That's pretty much it. If this is confusing, I'll come back and add photos.

Cyndi
12-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Very pretty Cassie and great instructions. :)

laurat99
12-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for instructions. I could have figured it out, but I don't think my poor brain would have let me any time soon.