PDA

View Full Version : Runs with scissors

sbartist
11-21-2009, 10:12 AM
G'day scrapper friends...

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share about myself.

I am a native Washingtonian having lived here most of my life, my DH Craig and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in July and my DS Willie is 16 years old (17 in March) and we are now consumed in his sport of HS wrestling until the end of February, my scrap time will be next to nil during these few months unfortunately.

My mom kept a SB when she was in HS back in the 50's so I decided I wanted to keep a SB too when I was in JHS in the 70's. I still have that SB today - it has fallen apart, but on occasion when I am looking for something I pull it out. My love of crafting also came from my mom who decorates cakes only to see her hard work get eaten with nothing left to show but a photo and a yummy taste in your mouth.
After graduating HS in '81, I did not SB again until my DS was about a year old when I was introduced to CM products at a party through a co-worker. I was hooked, although I did not strictly adhere to CM products, nor do I today. Looking back on those first pages (or an entire SB) I have the proverbial sticker sneezes, random photos with no rhyme or reason, photos cut into unusual shapes, white backgrounds and the list goes on. As you go through that book and subsequent books you can definitely see how my style has progressed.

Before electronic cutters, I paper pieced and made my own embellishments. I still do if I can't find what I need or decide that store bought stuff is too expensive. I also taught paper piecing and punch art classes at a LSS. However, that left little time for me to actually scrap though, because I was always prepping for classes.

In year 2000 I filed for divorce from my first DH and moved on and stopped SBing for about 4 years, although the pictures did not - still have lots to catch up on and someday I hope to get to them.

When Craig and I went on our first Alaskan Cruise back in 2006 (or 5 - I would have to go look it up), I really wanted to SB that trip and so again began my love of SBing, not to mention I discovered QuicKutz dies!

I have been scrapping since and collecting QK dies, Sizzlet alphas and other assorted dies that catch my eye. I generally do two page LO's because I take so many photos and a lot of times those 2 pagers can turn into 4 or 6 pagers of one event. 99% of the time my LO's have a title on them. I don't necessarily journal on each page, especially vacation SB's because I journal at the end of the day and each day will get its own 1 or 2 pages of journaling which would explain the LO's you have just perused. I do not digiscrap, but I do use the computer for research, uploading photos to print at Walgreens, for journaling, or if I need an image to paper piece. Plus hang out at all the scrapping sites I visit on an almost daily basis.

Since my son wrestles, and DH attends men's baseball camps, I have a lot of sports LO's to complete too. I have plenty to keep me busy and rarely get to just scrap everyday stuff. Plus my DS does not like the camera in his face all the time, so when he is on the mat, that is when I get my photos - go Mom!

I enjoy enabling others and have 'sold' my fair share of SBing toys while shopping the big box chains when I see someone who needs help. I would love to host an 18 person crop once a month, but due to wrestling season that does not happen, so when I find a spare Saturday here and there, I send an Evite invite out to my scrapping friends to enjoy a free 15 hour crop where I lug all of my scrapola to the clubhouse to share with others and DH comes over to visit and makes us margaritas!

Thanks for the invite to share my scrapping history. Scrap On!

Where I create:
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/public/905371_5_81329.jpg (http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/905371.html) My Scrap Space (http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/905371.html) By Sbartist (http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/905371.html)

QuesMom
11-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Great to hear all about you and I LOVE that you shared your room with us! This is so enjoyable getting to know more and more about each one of you!

gailteach
11-21-2009, 10:52 AM
It is so wonderful to get to know more about you Bonnie. Every time I read one of these I say "OOOPs" that is something I could have shared. We are so alike in so many ways. Maybe that is why we feel like such old friends.

hugs
gail

Taffy
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
:) Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself to us.. :) i WOULD LOVE to be at one of your margarita crops!! :)

I've always been a big fan of yours!! Love all your PP and especially my snowpeeps that you did for us last year!! THANKS!! :)

gluemore girl
11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Another Bonnie fan here!! Love your work... so beautiful! I know what you mean about getting pics of teens... my DS (almost 13y) HATES the camera... the DD (almost 15y) is ALWAYS in the picture! The difference btw girls and boys!
Thanks for sharing more of you and like Taffy, would love to be at one of your margarita crops!! One day, ladies, one day... we will do this!

Cyndi
11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Very nice to meet you and learn a little more about you. Love your craftroom and have always enjoyed your layouts. :)

ScrappySam
11-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Ah, fellow Washingtonian, some day I'm hopping on the train and heading south to one of your scrap partas. I always look for your LO's and feel like I've been on those trips with you. Your piece work is fabulous and I still have the "sampler" I got from you in our Secret Santa swap a couple of years ago hanging up just outside my scrap room door. Thanks for sharing a little bit about ScrapBook Artist!

Penster (pjwlee)
11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Bonnie,
Nice to hear you story and love seeing your work on SAs and DIY.
Envy you your large scrap space.

jujuann
11-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Bonnie, I have always loved checking out your travel LOs. I feel like I have made the trip with you. I only wish that mine had that flair. It's great learning about you. So, thanks for sharing.

kray
12-09-2009, 03:33 AM
I am hopping on the next Amtrak train, cruise Northern California, Oregon and then Washington making a stop at your scrapbook room.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your work since I have been on SAS. Loved learning more about you