PDA

View Full Version : I'm jujuann

jujuann
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Or as my DH calls me.. Judith. I'm 67 and live in rual western NC.

I began our scrapbooking in 1999, but scrapbooked as a child, a college student and 28 yrs ago when I married DH ( just found that one ).

I changed jobs in 1999 and moved 170 miles from our home and lived alone for 3 mos while DH got our house ready to sell. Even tho I was about 45 miles from family, I knew no one. One of my co-workers invited me to a CM party and crop. Having nothing better to do, I went. I was hooked. So for 2 years I cropped with her and that CM group. All of them showed me how I could save money and still make good LOs. I didn't buy much from CM but the basics.

After we moved into the new home we built, my first complete SB was of that building experience. I scrapped it all on white cardstock. Now I scrap anything and everything, family events, our road trips, grandkids, crops, AARP activities, etc.

I'm more of a simple scrapper and I don't use embellies on every page. Since I got my Cricut, I make a lot of them. I do journal most everything as I want people to know 50 yrs after my demise, who, what, when, where, why and how. I also take tons of photos, so I put lots of them on my pages. I do more 2 page LOs and sometimes it takes 3 or 4 to show it all. Like Janelle, I'm not interested in becoming a DT and I don't enter most contests.

I don't have a scrapping space in our home since my DS and his son moved in 3 yrs ago. So I started 2 cropping groups at that time. We crop at our SR Center every Tues morn for 2 hours and we crop at our Rescue Squad Bldg one Fri nite a month for 8 hrs. I'm also lucky that I have weekend crops and Saturday crops in 3 towns around me throughout the year.

I came over from DIY to find an fun group without all the desention. I found it at SAS. I've met judyjay, gailteach and 3 others who no longer post here. When I travel, I try to see if there is anyone on my roadtrip I can meet. My DH is very happy to build in a stop or side trip so we can meet up. I've been to Cindy's (mommaidwf) area 3 times and could not workout a meet-up, but I haven't given up.

I do not consider myself a pro, but I do try to keep up with the new trends. I own a regular Cricut and about 9 carts and a Cuttlebug. I also stamp and love SU. I make all the cards I use during the year and all the Christmas cards I hand out, but not the mailed ones. I also alter things using my SB stash. I'm a paperholic! I love pretty paper/cardstock.

I really enjoy being a part of SAS and miss it when I'm away form a computer. I've been known to check in while on the road, from a computer in a hotel business center. I've also learned a lot from everyone and agree with others....there is no perfect way to SB, just your way!

tlc3plus
11-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi! This great!

Clarinda

QuesMom
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Judith! Great to learn all the interesting things you do! Wow...3 months away from home is a LONG time!

If you ever road trip to Northern CA...find me!

Cyndi
11-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Judith, it is so very nice to meet you. I think that you are the scrapbook / crafter on here that gets the most layouts and cards made and I really hope that you get that camera for Christmas so you can start sharing your work. :)

ScrappySam
11-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Judith it's wonderful to hear from you and letting us get to know you a little bit more. hugs, sam!

Penster (pjwlee)
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Judith,
Love hearing about you and your right, no perfect way to scrap just your way.
that should be on a pillow or something.

gailteach
11-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Love and hugs my friend. It is lovely to hear more about our pros.

hugs,
gail

mommaidwf
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
One day Judith, it's going to work out!

Taffy
11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
So glad i got to know a lil more about you!! :)

gluemore girl
11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Judith, so nice to hear more about you... hope you make your way up north for a meet up here!! If I'm down your way, will look you up! Thanks for sharing your story!

kray
12-09-2009, 04:02 AM
I loved hearing more about you. Yes, 3 months is a long time....glad you found scrapping as a hobby. I love looking at your work