PDA

View Full Version : Baby Card

Angie53
04-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Here's something I haven't done for a long time.. a baby card. The guy who works at one of our local take away shops was telling us his wife had just delivered their second child.. a little girl.. named Jasmine. He was really happy and proud but at the same time rather concerned because she was born 6 weeks early. They really look after us at this shop so I decided I'd make a card for them... here it is

love Angie...

with box lid off...

Angie53
04-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Here's something I haven't done for a long time.. a baby card. The guy who works at one of our local take away shops was telling us his wife had just delivered their second child.. a little girl.. named Jasmine. He was really happy and proud but at the same time rather concerned because she was born 6 weeks early. They really look after us at this shop so I decided I'd make a card for them... here it is

love Angie...

with box lid off...

Angie53
04-07-2007, 06:16 AM
and with the lid of the box on... Some of you may have seen the baby shoe I made last year.. but these two.. they are so much smaller.. the length of the soul of the shoe is 1 1/2 inches.. fiddly but worth the effort..

love.. Angie

luvscraping
04-07-2007, 06:42 AM
so beautiful, Angie just luv it and am sure they will luv it also. Thanks for sharing this with us.

mommaidwf
04-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Angie, it is breathtakingly beautiful! I'm sure it's going to be one that they keep forever.

Dianacraftstoo
04-07-2007, 06:55 AM
WOW and Beautiful!!!! What a keepsake!
Diana

Janice
04-07-2007, 07:13 AM
It is so wonderful. they are just going to be speachless at its beauty and just knowing you hand made everything is the best part. If it was me I would frame it and make it wall art in the babys room. Just love it, you make such pretty things.

Jenna
04-07-2007, 08:35 AM
BEAUTIFUL!

Penster (pjwlee)
04-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Angie,
Stunning as always.

javamom
04-07-2007, 03:36 PM
-Very pretty Angie- love the little baby shoes!

nanamsc
04-07-2007, 06:25 PM
angie, as usual your work takes my breath away. this one has got to be my favorite.... i think...i love those baby shoes.

LoriS.
04-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Angie you are selling your work surely! The shoes are gorgeous but the detail of the flowers are not to be overlooked!

sfwhite
04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Angie, you are a GENIUS!!! Those are beautiful!!!!!! Thanks for always being willing to share your work with us.

laurat99
04-09-2007, 06:02 AM
When I think I've seen your best work, Angie, you top it. Well done.

Angie53
04-09-2007, 06:31 AM
I loved making this card.. I will be seeing the 'proud dad' tomorrow and will give it to him then. So you've all seen it before they do. Why don't you give these little shoes a go.. make them a reasonable size at first.. so you get the hang of it.. then you can go as small as I did.
Whenever I am making something for the first time I make it out of computer paper or something that's not so special.. then I get the feel for the pattern and it doesn't matter if I make a mistake.
Here's the pattern ladies.. some of you might already have it.. but some may not.

love.. Angie

nanamsc
04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
thanks for the pattern angie.as soon as i am done with my puzzle swap. i'll give it a try.

Cass17
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
That is such a precious card! Thanks for posting the template for the shoes - I'd love to give it a try.

Angie53
04-29-2007, 06:42 AM
I wanted to let you know that I finally caught up with the father of this baby (who the card was made for). When I had done the card I took it to where he worked but he wasn't there so I left it with his brother. The other day we went past the shop and he saw me walking by.. as he approached the tears were in his eyes and he said both he and his wife had never seen anything so beautiful. These people are Lebanese and I <think> are muslims... they've put up with a lot of nastiness from some people and he said his mother couldn't believe someone outside their 'belief' would do such a thing for them.
You know.. it will be a far better world when EVERYONE accepts EVERYONE else all as God's CHILDREN.
The good news... little baby is home from hospital now and doing so well. She was 6 weeks prem but you'd hardly know I am told.

love... Angie

<sings> "Jesus loves the children... all the children of the world.. red and yellow, black and white.. they are precious in HIS sight.. Jesus loves the children of the world"

socmagmom
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Angie, your card is beautiful and you are such a kind and loving person. You are right, when we all accept and love everyone as God's children, what a better world this will be.

oniska
04-30-2007, 01:37 AM
I love this card it is so beautiful. what a wonderful gift hope I can give it a try Is the background one piece of paper. It looks like woven ribbon

Angie53
05-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Oniska.. the background is just woven paper. I think I learned to do this technique when I was a little girl.. and I seem to recall my grand daughters making mats by weaving paper.. similar to this. I guess it's all in what paper you use and being very fussy as to keeping it even and not bending the paper too much.

love... Angie

Schloglett
05-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Your work is just incredible and what a wonderful way to bridge the gap with love. Lisa

Atty
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Just beautiful Angie. Your work is just amazing. And I agree what a wonderful thing to do and am sure it will be something the will remember for a lifetime.
TFS
Donna