PDA

View Full Version : Pot Pie

Staysea
11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I was making a SEMI home made pot pie tonight for dinner and I thought I would share. I know how to make on from scratch but who has the time.

*1/2 lb of chicken
2 ROLLED pie crust (pilsbury makes them aslo you can find off brand *ones. They are usually by the butter and canned biscuts.
*1 bag of Mixed veggis. (I like the steam freash GREEN Giant it contans corn,carrots, & green beans)
*1 large can of cream of chicken soup.
*Pepper
*table spoon of sour cream.

Feeds 4 or more.

CHICKEN. Pre cook your chicken. I like to boil my chicken until done. You can use bone in or bone out chicken. This is a perfect recipe for left over turkey or chicken. I have used the SALAD chicken that is already done.

1. Take 1 pie shell rool and place in in a glass pie pan.
2. In a large bowl mix 1 bag of COOKED mixed veggis, cream of chicken soup, pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon of sour cream, and pre-cooked chicken.
3. Fill your pie shell. Then top your pie shell with the other pie shell roll. and crip the sides. Be sure to cut slits in the top of the pie...I like to use a fork...Bake at 350 until golden brown.

I love this recipe and so does my family. It is very inexpensive. Under $10 meal. PLUS you and easliy make 2 pies for under $10

I sometimes will make this ahead of time and bake the pie later. Or it is great to bring for a family you are providing dinner for. Like a funeral, new mommy or even just a get together.

QuesMom
11-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Wow! this sounds good, fast and it is cheap! Thanks for sharing it!

Cyndi
11-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Sounds very good and close to what I make. I've never added the sourcream and that sounds good. :)