PDA

View Full Version : I'm tempted

Cass17
08-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I saw a cute sewing pattern for a laptop bag and tote. There's also a ipod and cell phone case with the pattern which I won't make because I don't have an ipod. Anyway, I haven't sewn anything except on my scrapbook pages in ages and I'm not sure I can do this. I've been looking for a cute/unique laptop bag for a while and haven't found anything. This way I could pick my own fabric. But do I really want to take on another project?

ericalauren13
08-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I think that would be a great idea. You could just work on it little by little until you get it done...no rush, unless you need it for something coming up. I bet it would turn out great!

Janice
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Go for it!!! I agree with Erica, work on it when you can. It will get you out of the same ol stuff amd never know you might just like the change and you just might go crazy and make a matching cell phone case...:)

gluemore girl
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Go for it! Make sure u block out the time you will need to work on it, though.

Cass17
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
well, my neice is probably moving in with me in a couple of weeks until my sister's house is done so she can start school at the beginning of the year. She signed up for a sewing class so it may be a nice thing we can do together. She can do her class project and I can do that.

mommaidwf
08-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Sometimes it's nice to take a break from one activity to do another one.

jujuann
08-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Be sure to post it when you've completed it, as it sounds as if you have talked yourself into it.

LoriS.
08-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm always on board to enable a sewing project. :) Go for it!

Taffy
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
cass, i'm curious what brand of pattern was it? Was it expensive? I bet it'll be cute. I'm asking b/c i'm going to start my sewing items again, as well - hahaha ;)

Cass17
08-10-2009, 08:08 PM
It's a simplicity pattern. I looked around for some other ones, but liked that one the best. I can't remember the number, but I saw it at one place online for about $9. Maybe Joann's will have it and I can use a coupon. Then to pick out the fabrics. I'm not sure when I'll start. I may wait until September or October until things settle down here a bit.

IrishMom
08-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Sounds like a great idea - I use an old briefcase for mine and is it Ugly!!

tlc3plus
08-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I say go for it also! I haven't sewn for quite some time.. (I have some material to make some shades for my new sb room... ) If it's still like it used to be Simplicity patterns had good and easy to understand instructions. Some brands not so easy to understand... hollar if you have any questions.

Clarinda

Cass17
08-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I'll probably have tons of questions. I don't know what I'm doing in the sewing department.

Taffy
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I'll probably have tons of questions. I don't know what I'm doing in the sewing department.
I'm not good at going by those patterns also. I have a hard time reading them. I haven' followed a pattern since i was in high school..... yeeeeeeeeears ago!