PDA

View Full Version : julie & julia

gluemore girl
08-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Saw this movie last night and loved it!!
Meryl Streep was phenomenal!!
I learned a lot about Julia Child... what a cool lady she was!!
Funny, warm hearted, and entertaining!!

ScrappySam
08-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Ah, I wished I could have gone with ya! I want to see this one really bad and no one around here is interested. May have to go alone.

canadian*girl
08-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I wanted to see this one too! I might have to go with a friend when it comes out over here... So it's actually a true story?

QuesMom
08-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't get to go to the movies, so this is already on my *wait-list* from NetFlix...I adored Julia Child and followed her for years!

And yes, sometimes we do put *some* of the wine in the food! LOL

mommaidwf
08-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh I'm glad you posted this. I don't really do movies either, but I did want to see this one. I'm glad you're giving it a good review! It might have to be a girl's day out or something, lol.

Cali4niaGirl
08-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I also saw it Friday night, and it was soooo good! And very funny. Our theater was laughing through some of the dialog at times, and broke out in applause at the end.
I was inspired to try her cookbook; which is saying a lot since I HATE to cook!

Cher56
08-09-2009, 07:19 AM
I want to see this movie. I remember Julia Childs and her cooking show from when Mom use to watch her. I love to cook and try new recipes and try making up my own. Poor DH as my guinea pig. LOL

gluemore girl
08-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Sheri, I broke out laughing (as did several others) to the absolute embarrassment of my dd (14y).... and we had applause at the end too.

Sam, if you can't find a date, just go alone... worth it!!
You leave in such a good mood!

Cass17
08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I heard at a party today that it is a fantastic movie. The last movie I saw in a theater (that wasn't a kid movie) was either Apollo 13 or Godzilla....eons ago.
I want to see the Time Traveler's wife.

Cass17
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Ah, I wished I could have gone with ya! I want to see this one really bad and no one around here is interested. May have to go alone.

I would go with you if I was out there.

ScrappySam
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I just came from see the MOVIE (got to tag along with DS & GF) WoW --- what a fantastic, good feeling movie. You can't go wrong with Nora Ephron movies and this is one of her best.

canadian*girl
08-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I heard at a party today that it is a fantastic movie. The last movie I saw in a theater (that wasn't a kid movie) was either Apollo 13 or Godzilla....eons ago.
I want to see the Time Traveler's wife.

Time Traveler's Wife is another one that I'd love to see! It looks pretty good!