PDA

View Full Version : I found me a new project!

bitaglitz
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Went to Michael's today and they had some baskets with lids that had printed chickens on them for the fall season. The paper on the lids were peeling and torn. So, they marked them down to 80 percent off! My kind of bargain! The baskets are very nice, otherwise.

Soooo, I am going to redo the lids with a collage of Christmas papers, glitter, and who-knows-what-else, and make them into Christmas gifts. I am soooooooo excited to get started. When I finish them I will share them with you.

I might have to lift the leaf idea that 'b53nan' shared on the Fall Project post, except use Christmasy shapes. Whoo-hoo! Inspiration has hit!

Judy

jujuann
11-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Sounds like my kind of project, especially when the price is right.

I started the altered CD's I'm making for the 27 grandchildren and great-grandchildren of my parents, for Christmas. It is to be their yearly ornament. I hope to be able to post them as I finish them. I have 2 special grand nieces that I'm making altered letters for their rooms also.

Have you seen the altered glass blocks with lights? I'm also doing them for some special friends and sisters. Got to get going if I plan to complete them before the big day.

I'm looking forward to seeing your baskets.

bitaglitz
11-14-2007, 07:24 AM
I LOVE the glass blocks!!! I just noticed that they are available in a light blue, now, too. However, I have not seen them altered. Can you show an example of one? Or please post yours when you finish them. I would love to see them!

It sounds like you are having a fun with your altered CD's. I would like to see a few of those, as you finish them, too, Judy!

Judy,too

jujuann
11-14-2007, 09:38 AM
I think I'm getting into this altered stuff. I'll take photos and try to post when I finish them.

b53nan
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I would love to see both too!!! I like the idea of the glass block with lights.

sbartist
11-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Pictures ladies - we want pictures of finished projects!